Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tommy7miller Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2011, 01:41 PM
    Has anyone seen a ghost
    I saw a man standing in my hall way . He was about thirty with dark brown hair. He startled me. He walked past me into the room and put something on the bed, but I could not see what it was, it was in his motion. And then he just seemed to be gone.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2011, 01:51 PM
    Ghosts can materialize for about 5 seconds at a clip. You can also hear them for about 3 to 5 words at a clip either. He may be a former owner or tenant in your home.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Sep 23, 2011, 03:26 PM
    Yes, people see and hear spirits... for as long as the spirit wishes to manifest. Was this your first encounter or have there been others?
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2011, 11:27 AM
    Yes, I seen several,one of which was the strangest experience that I'd ever had.

I'd just finished a late shift where I worked and decided I would avoid traffic and take what I called the scenic route home,past the fields all open until you cameto a sharp bend in the road.I had Queens famous hits blasting out on the car cd player,it was my way of winding down.

It was early evening about 8.30 ish,not dark enough to put the lights on,the sky was bright low sun shine,I approached the sharp bend where the tall trees came almost across the road like an archway,as I went around the bend slowly, something caught my eye which was quite big,to big for any bird, as I got closer I looked up and could clearly see that it was a man in a monks habit walking along the tree branches... that was how it appeared.I slowed right down as I passed so I was almost on top of what I could see.It was definitely a monk in a grey habit,hood up and forward walking totally oblivious to me.I immediately felt as though I had to show respect and turned off my music.I passed the trees but then had to pull over to the side of the road, just to take stock of what had just happened,telling myself... yes I really did just see that.

Wheni arrived home I sketched what I'd seen and told my son,later that evening we went back,park up and walked along the route where it was,tucked back in between the other buildings was the tiniest chapel you had ever seen,not much bigger than a garden shed but perfect in every detail,very old the date was there on the building, can't quite remember what it was now,this little chapel was obviously a listed building, which meant it would aways have to be preserved.

We went home and looked up the history of the area and low and behold right where I'd seen the monk there was once a monastery,the monk was taking his usual route as he did in his day to evening prayer.The level of the trees was where his level would have been in the day.The most fascinating thing I have ever whitnessed,as clear as a bell against the light sky that evening.

Sep 25, 2011, 06:04 PM
    Orphan, things like that do happen... quite frequently. However, I seriously have my doubts that these are the spirits of those people... I believe them to be a mockery at best. You mentioned others that you have seen... may I inquire?
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2011, 06:55 PM
    My son and I were on a big truck going through cotton country down in Mississippi one afternoon. I went in the back for a nap. My son and the driver BOTH saw what looked like a dozen or more negro civil war era dressed slaves walking very slowly across the road into a field where cotton was now growing This was in broad daylight.. Later we learned that this very seldom traveled road was a road used by the plantation to let the workers get access to the cotton fields. The ghosts of the long ago slaves had been seen in that area many times. They only apeared for about 10 seconds then just vanished.

I believe your story Orphan as a lot of ghosts seem to like to still do their daily tasks in the afterlife. Who is to say they aren't really there still doing their cotton picking OR monk duties?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 26, 2011, 04:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    My son and I were on a big truck going thru cotton country down in Mississippi one afternoon. I went in the back for a nap. My son and the driver BOTH saw what looked like a dozen or more negro civil war era dressed slaves walking very slowly across the road into a field where cotton was now growing This was in broad daylight.. Later we learned that this very seldom traveled road was a road used by the plantation to let the workers get access to the cotton fields. The ghosts of the long ago slaves had been seen in that area many times. They only apeared for about 10 seconds then just vanished.

I believe your story Orphan as a lot of ghosts seem to like to still do their daily tasks in the afterlife. Who is to say they aren't really there still doing their cotton picking OR monk duties?

I have a different opinion for this type of phenomena. Its called residual haunting. It plays like a loop from the past and there are areas that have this. Its like watching a movie across the time barrier. There is no interaction and nothing to fear. Its just a glimpse of time.

Sep 26, 2011, 01:24 PM
    Yeah, I definitely do not think these spirits are there re-enacting their old lives. There are a lot of good theories behind that "residual haunt" stuff... some of it has to do with deposits of quartz and limestone in the area. Interesting to say the least...
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2011, 06:09 PM
    But Califdad SOME of these appearances of ghosts are not of the residual type at all. I could cite several different times where I saw ghosts and they were not in their daily routine scenerio.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 26, 2011, 07:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    But Califdad SOME of these appearances of ghosts are not of the residual type at all. I could cite several different times where I saw ghosts and they were not in their daily routine scenerio.
    I was responding to Orphans post. I don't think the spirits are still working their past. I believe they may have saw a residual haunting. Its repetitive in nature and like watching a movie. That differes from an actual haunting or ghost. Those entities you can have interaction with on different levels.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Sep 27, 2011, 05:27 AM
    I too believe there are many different "classifications" of paranormal events. ( I'll use the term paranormal event rather than haunting.)

But this is an area that is pretty much wide open and very few definite classes have been accepted on any kind of a wide scale. Even though acceptance does not mean it is a fact , just to the best of the knowledge we have now and there will always be many who will argue over every one of them.

But as califdadof3 pointed out the "residual" type is a fairly widely accepted form.
    This makes more sense to me than a "soul" repeating what they did here while they were "alive".

Demonic is another widely accepted form and thought by many to be the majority of , or responsible for all paranormal events.
    Many say that it is demons causing all types in order to lure people into giving them the invitation they require to "operate" .

Angelic is a little talked about one because it is not put in the same "class " as hauntings, yet there are thousands and thousands of accounts of angles saving people from catastrophe.

This is probably material for another thread but my point here is encounters with the all encompassing term "ghosts" have been here throughout recorded history and will continue to be a mystery maybe never solved.

So I say type doesn't matter here, let's hear all the stories and not be concerned with what type they may be and take that aspect to another thread if need be.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2011, 09:20 AM
    Hauntinghelper... there are many theories as to what these experiences are,be it ghosts,spirits,recordings in time etc,etc... but no one has ever proven anything one way or another,that I believe is how it will remain.I also believe we are not suppose to know.That's just my thoughts.Each and every one of us has their own thoughts and oppinions.

I believe because I have seen with my own eyes.Being of sound mind and body gives me no other choice.
    Had I not had these experiences, I may have said, like many do,"when i see with my own eyes, i'll believe it."which is fair comment.

The things I have seen haven't been a one off,there have been several,one of which I have already told you about,I will tell you another if you'll allow...

I was driving home one night it was around 9 o'clock,a damp dark night but the road was well lit by the hospitals all down one side,on the opposite side of the road were houses, further down was a pub'.
    This was a wide road that narrowed leaving just enough space for two cars to pass with care.I was approaching the narrow bit on the road which was between the pub and the hospitals,it was very quiet,hardly any traffic around.
    I was almost on top of this narrowing piece of road, when I spotted a young girl just beyond the narrowing, stood in the middle of the road.She'd obviously crossed half way which I think we all do,then was waiting for a clear spot to cross over the other half.
    She appeared from no where,I realised that there wasn't enough stopping distance time, braked hard hoping that I could stop without hitting her,by which point I had now hit her and swerved to the side of the road,I was mortified never having had an accident in all my years of driving.I grabbed my phone whilst running the approximate 30 yards back to where she was,and called emergency services.Shaking and crying in sheer disbelieve, I couldn't find her.The road was clear so I looked thinking perhaps she was further up, but no, she wasn't there.I looked around for witnesses, but no one was around only empty parked cars.For a moment I couldn't work out what had happened,I saw this young girl,about 20 years old,she had light brown hair, 3/4 length trousers on with turn ups,a short jacket and was holding maybe folder or alike under her right arm.I remember I couldn't stop shaking, thankfully I was only a mile from where I lived.When I arrived home I relayed the story to my son, after much thought and investigation, it appeared that one of the hospitals was a teaching hospital for student nurses.They used to pop over the pub in the evenings.There had been several fatalities on that very dangerous part of the road,the young girl that I thought I'd knocked down wasn't there, she had already lost her life, some months previous and in fact the local authority have now put a zebra-crossing in the exact spot where I thought I'd hit her.
    I will never forget that incident, which shook me greatly or the girl stood there in front of me in the road, a road that I drive on a daily basis.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ghost [ 5 Answers ]

So this past week I have felt really uneasy no matter where I go. But last night it felt as if someone was in the room watching me. My friend is wicken and told me about a bad spirit that was with her. She told me it left her and came to me. I constantly feel a pressure on my head and chest. And I...

Ghost movies from late 80s early 90s about a girl who sees her boyfriend ghost who di [ 1 Answers ]

I saw a movie about a girl whose boyfriend died in a plane crash and she starts seen his ghost, then she has somekind of accident and goes into a comma and then her spirit meets with her boyfriends spirit and the hospital where she is and she can she her body lying on the bed. At the end of the...

Name of movie: Killer named ghost or the ghost; man named king who escaped by falling [ 1 Answers ]

Killer named ghost or the ghost; man named king who escaped by falling out of a window; man who ghost thinks of as worthy of being his predecessor

Did seeing these ghost mean anything? [ 5 Answers ]

I was on vacation this weekend in a condo on the coast and I woke up in the wee morning hours with an insulin reaction (normal). After finishing a snack in the kitchen, I turned and looked to the patio and on the patio were four people - dressed in white as for a wedding - looking in the sliding...

View more questions Search