Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jc5608 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2007, 06:33 PM
    Unplugging a clutch interlocking switch
    Will unplugging a clutch interlocking switch on an acura integra prevent it from starting.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2007, 07:56 PM
    Yes.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2007, 09:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jc5608
    will unplugging a clutch interlocking switch on an acura integra prevent it from starting.
    You can run an extension by wiring that connector to a conceled swtich. I put a fake dash switch in and wired it to my clutch switch. No one could start that car but me.
    That was a 1985 Corolla GTS. Shows how old I'm getting. Wish I still had that car. Was a ball to drive!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2009, 04:10 PM

Old post, but this should be added. It can be dangerous to bypass clutch safety. May be started in gear.
    Perhaps interrupt the brake switch so it it can't go into gear, and interrupt fuel pump supply.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unplugging O2 sensor connector [ 2 Answers ]

How do you unplug the electrical connector from an O2 sensor on a 1997 civic DX? Not sure how the clip disengages from the mating connector.

Interlocking Balance Sheet and Income Statement [ 1 Answers ]

I'm starting a company and have prepared a four-year proforma statement of income. Now I need to prepare proforma balance sheets and statements of cash flow. I know that current retained earnings less previous retained earnings from the balance sheet equal current net income from the income...

Clutch Interlock [ 1 Answers ]

The ignition switch on my 2000 Ford Focus would not turn. I had to have it replaced. One year later it is periodically having the same problem, but I keep a very small hammer in the car, and all it takes is a couple of taps on the key for me to be able to turn the key. BUT... now it seems that...

View more questions Search