Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kahani Punjab Posts: 510, Reputation: 203

Sep 23, 2011, 03:57 AM
    What if someone refuses to 'accept' the notes on any pretext?
    The other day, I boarded a bus, to reach my home (while going back) from my duty, the bus-conductor refused to accept the currency note of Rupees 20, which he said is not in good shape, even if it was (fairly well in shape, not torn or dirty), even as it was looking too 'antique' or 'old' so to say. I insisted that it is fine, and even joked that if note is not okay 'your bus is also not okay' as the bus was AC COACH, which has all the windows closed permanently, but the AC was not working, which was causing suffocation to all the passengers in the public carrier, including me. I said that if I am not objecting to this major problem, how can 'you', even as my note was not bad. (I had appeared in an exam in which I answered a question wrong, by mistake, even as I knew the correct answer, and this exam had great bearing on my career prospects, due to which I was not feeling well and was sort of depressed, due to which I did not protest much or not even insisted much) But, I told him black and white that my note is fine and you must take it, but he refused to accept it and said that I should swap it with the ones in my wallet/reticule. Now, it is not a big game or issue, but still somewhere in my mind it went on as to what could I have done. If all the people go on refusing in such a way, what can we helpless people do? Is it our helplessness? Can we do something here, legally, socially or in any other way?

Kindly someone untie this knot!
    (I belong to Ludhiana district, Punjab state, INDIA : I am writing it so that if someone need to tell me on the basis of the law, he/she can guide me as per law of my land. Thanks anyone for guidance in advance)
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 23, 2011, 05:54 AM
    Some matters are not worth arguing about legalities. You can say that he has to let the national treasury decide, he can say that he has rights as a conductor to determine who can do what on his bus. You can take it to the highest court of the land, but only in your dreams, because you won't even get the police or a lawyer to handle it. These little scenarios happen all day long to all of us.
    Ravinder1428 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Sep 23, 2011, 09:32 AM
    Ya some matters we have to solve by our behaviour..
    Here, in your case the conduct matters.
    If you or that conductor would have talked in polite manner
    Then the situation would have been different..
    May be you are right but in such situation it's the Gandhigiri that works..
    U must have read the essay "On saying please"
    That could help in this matter...

We can change the things by our conduct...
    That's all
    Ravinder Jahangir
    Patiala

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Notes Payable & Notes Receivable [ 8 Answers ]

Hi! I can't seem to understand this, I got most of answers correct but what am I doing wrong for these. Please explain and show the calculation so I can realise my mistakes. Please help me, Please. NOTES PAYABLE Date... Description... Interest Rate Jan-1... 100,00 note due in 9 months... 9%...

Is sharing nursing notes and hospital notes with physician a HIPPA violation [ 7 Answers ]

Pediatric patient has homehealth. Patient has lived with grandparents for 4 years. Mother has now come back into picture. For the best interest of the child, is it a HIPPA violation for a nurse to dicuss homehealth record with physician during hospitalizations.

Discounted notes vs Interest Bearing Notes [ 2 Answers ]

Sometimes a discounted note is issued rather than an interest-bearing note. Why would a someone do this rather than the standard interest bearing note? What are the pros and cons of doing so? Who would issue a discounted note?

View more questions Search