Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vixenfox90 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2011, 09:23 PM
    1 year probation, however I am leaving to go to college in another state soon?
    I am going to be charged for a misdomener DUI. First ever offense, first ever DUI. I blew a .17
    I live in North Carolina and its tough here I heard, cause everyone that gets busted is for dope or DUIS
    Here they call the FIRST dui,-DWI
    I ALREADY have classes, assesments, and when I get sentenced - for sure community service
    And this is what don't understand : 1) 45 days from the court date I have to have a breathalyzer device installed in my car for a year.
    2) Possible and most likely Probation for a year my attorney said, however I am supposed to go to chicago iL for college, I have been waiting years to go. And I only came to live here with my mother for a month. Now this happens. Can I get my probation transferred to chicago? I'm kind of confused because I read that you can, (and I'm paying the court fees on that day) so a lot of people say it will be INFORMAL probation if you pay for court

Sorry I sound so confused, I'm trying to get some right answers. And I can't go to college here because it has a 2 year waiting list what I want to do. And it's the only college here in this county. Community college.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2011, 09:32 PM
    Hello v:

Your lawyer can get a transfer for you, unless he's incompetent.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 23, 2011, 08:25 PM
    Have an attorney at trial, he will need to notify the court of your move and get permission. Unless you get permission to move out of state while on probation, you can not leave the state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend wants to break up with me because I am leaving for college next year [ 7 Answers ]

I am a senior in High school and my Girlfriend is 16. We have been dating for about 4 monthes now and fallen in love with each other. But the fact that I will be leaving for college next year (3 hours away or more depending what school I go to) gives us both second thoughts about our relationship....

Leaving State while on Probation [ 2 Answers ]

If I leave the state while under probation and be gone for over 10 years which was a misdeameanor does that turn into a felony or would they have a felony warrant out for my arrest through the probation office?

Leaving state on probation.yes or no? [ 11 Answers ]

I'm on probation for 3 years for arson and I had a probation officer in California but I got it transferred to West Virginia where I currently live and all the state of West Virginia is waiting for is the papers from the accepted papers from California but I haven't talked to and P O officers of no...

Probation leaving state [ 2 Answers ]

If placed under unsupervised probation am I allowed to leave the state of conviction?

Probation n leaving the state [ 3 Answers ]

Yea I got arrested for a shopplifting charge. Now I'm given a four month probation sentence. I plan to go to summer school in Rhode Island. Do u think my parents can tell my po not to let me go?. I'm 18 How long does it take for the process take to get another po in Rhode Island? Can I get a...

View more questions Search