Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Freethrow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2011, 05:14 PM
    Preparing a cash collections and cash budget - I need advice - thank you!
    I am having difficulty figuring this out. Any help would be appreciated to answer the 3 requirements. I am not certain how to set up these budgets. Thank you.

Problem 4-3:
    You will be required to prepare a December cash budget. You are provided with the following information:
    a] Cash balance on December 1 is $60,000.
    b] Actual sales for October and November and expected sales for December are as follows:
    October November December
    Cash sales $95,000 $105,000 $125,000
    Sales on account $600,000 $785,000 $900,000
    Sales on account are collected over a three month period as follows:
    Month of sale: 15%
    Month following sale: 60%
    Second month following sale: 20%
    Five percent of sales on account are uncollectible.
    c] Purchases of inventory for December will total $420,000. Forty percent of a month?s inventory purchases are paid in the month of purchase. The accounts payable remaining from November inventory purchases total $205,000, all of which will be paid in December.
    d] Selling and administrative expenses are budgeted at $440,000 for December; of this amount $50,000 is for depreciation.
    e] A new machine will be purchased for cash, in December, at a cost of $205,000; dividends totaling $25,000 will be paid in December.
    f] The company maintains a minimum cash balance of $60,000. An open line of credit is available from the company?s bank to bolster the cash position as needed.
    Required:
    1] Prepare a schedule of cash collections for December.
    2] Prepare a schedule of cash disbursements for merchandise purchases for December.
    3] Prepare a cash budget for December. Indicate in the financing section any borrowing that will be needed during the month. Assume that no interest payments are due or will be paid before January.

Check out some similar questions!

Schedule of Expected Cash Collections; Cash Budget [ 4 Answers ]

Problem 9-23 Schedule of Expected Cash Collections; Cash Budget Herbal Care Corp. a distributor of herb-based sunscreens, is ready to begin its third quarter, in which peak sales occur. The company has requested a $39,000, 90-day loan from its bank to help meet cash requirements during the...

Cash collections budget [ 2 Answers ]

Sales budget January February March Sales in units 6,000 6,500 7,000 Sales in dollars $120,000 $130,000 $140,000 Sales consist of 70% cash and 30% credit. All credit accounts are collected in the month following the sales. Bad debts are negligible and can be ignored. Actual sales for...

Prepare a Budgeted Income Statement, Cash Budget, Sales Budget/Cash Collections, Purc [ 1 Answers ]

The CEO of Kingston Cart Inc. asked the Chief Financial Officer to prepare a Master Budget for the next three months, beginning July 1, 2010. The company's policy is to maintain a minimum cash balance of $6,000 at each month end. Sales are forecasted at an average selling price of $70 per cart....

Cash Collections Budget [ 1 Answers ]

I have been working on this problem for three hours, and for some reason, none of my answers make sense. Could someone please help me find the correct answer? The problem reads: Cash Sales: March $30,000 June $45,000 Sept. $37,500

Preparing a Cash Budget [ 3 Answers ]

I have a question about preparing a cash budget. Here's the question: January February March Cash receipts $98,000 $108,000 $124,000 Cash payments: For...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.