Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tilly4259 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2011, 02:26 PM
    How can I control my reactions to problems and stresses?
    I have type 2 diabetes and my reaction to problems and stresses like being very upset and crying a lot are now affecting my sugar levels. What can be done? Are there medications to help?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 22, 2011, 03:00 PM
    Don't try to take more medicines than you have to. Work on diet, exercise, and relaxation first. Diet is number one. You really, really have to make it a full time job and research topic.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2011, 03:00 PM
    Hi Tilly, My son has diabetes,and yes any strain or stress or anxiety does effect his sugars,he now takes regular medication to control his anxiety.

I would say is there any underlying reason why you keep crying,or getting stressed over your problems?Are there daily things that you just can't cope with? How long have you felt like this?Does this affect your sleeping pattern and your appetite?If the answer is yes,then I would suggest you visit your Doctor,explain how you have been feeling and for how long.Don't forget to remind him that you are a diabetic and that this is upsetting your sugar levels.

I am sure he will be able to help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can I do, so that I am not so emotional and cry at problems and stresses? [ 1 Answers ]

So many things bother me way too much. How can I deal with these and get myself more calm. I have type 2 diabetes and it is affecting my sugar levels

I have too many stresses to mention but in a nut shell here goes... [ 0 Answers ]

In 18 months my partner of 9 yrs has left me,I am now a single mam,I have moved 3 times,I've lost my job,I've got in debt,I've had to move in with my parents,been through a custody battle that's still ongoing and now my mam has had a breakdown... I need help but NOT meds, who's best to speak to?...

What stresses a liver in a 3 yr old [ 1 Answers ]

My 3 yr old has a alk phos level of 275 I was told her liver was under stress... what would be causing this at 3 yrs old?

Lifes stresses [ 2 Answers ]

I feel so stressed out... I get stress from my relationship with my girlfriend, my mum and step dad, my dad and my friends. I also feel very stressed out about my future... (I am 18 and still in education) I want the best for myself and I want to make my family proud and happy but sometimes I...

View more questions Search