Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abrundige08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2011, 11:47 AM
    My kids see things I don't.
    We moved into our house over a yr ago. We had a small chimney fire and that's when things began. My husband's work takes him out of state and I'll be in bed and hear footsteps pacing. My daughter now 8 refused to sleep. She claims to see people she hears knocking on her window and sounds on her screen which I did hear myself. I check it out every time, I even gone outside.. nothing. She has always "seen ppl" since she was little but she was never scared. Now we've all been baptised before we moved in we blessed the house. Now my 3 yr old son is saying he sees scary. Scary at D's room. Scary go my room. Now he's having trouble sleeping. One day it was just my daughter and I and she told me she saw a shadow of a man go down the hall, of course I checked.. nothing... now what do I do? How can I help when I don't see anything?
    farvaknowsbest Posts: 199, Reputation: 8

Sep 22, 2011, 12:42 PM
    Hi abrundgie08,

Sorry to hear about this, sounds really scary. I don't have much insight into the paranormal, nor do I fully believe that we are haunted by spirits, but children have a different way of interpreting the world than adults. I am not a very religious person, but maybe blessing the house only angered the spirits that may be dwelling around it. An option may be to stay with a friend or family member for a few days and see if your children expeirence the same activities. My GF frequently had night terrors at her parents house where she would see three men standing above her and she was helpless to do anything. Once she moved in with me at my place the night terrors have yet to come back. I know that moving from your home is a big thing, but unforutnatley may be your only option if your children continue to have these sort of encounters.. Good luck to you and your kids.

Thanks,
    Farva
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Sep 22, 2011, 01:34 PM
    Abrundgie - I know this is a trying time. I've had to deal with my daughter seeing something I could not as well. I have a couple questions for you. Did you have the house blessed before you had any experiences or because of them? I say this quite often... in the case of homes being blessed for reasons of the paranormal, the situation either does not change or gets worse is MOST cases I know of. This is due to the clergy member having little or no understanding of what is really going on in the home. Also, being baptized has NOTHING to do with this situation. It neither protects you from spirits nor scares them off.

In situations like this I do believe children when they say they see things that aren't there. Children and young people are easy spiritual targets. Does your husband know this stuff is going on? What does he think? Don't worry, I took care of this stuff with my daughter and I can help you understand it as well. It is not something you have to put up with.
    lostgirl22 Posts: 22, Reputation: 5

Oct 4, 2011, 05:59 PM
    I can honestly say that you are making the first step as I did to come and admit that you need help and try to keep an open mind.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Oct 4, 2011, 06:25 PM
    Abrundige - has the situation changed at all? Can we have an update?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it OK for my wife to do things alone with her ex and her kids [ 43 Answers ]

My spouse and I have been married for several months, are both once-divorced and each bring 2 pre-teen children to our marriage, with no others planned. Today my spouse told me about plans to go to an amusement park next weekend for a 12-hour day with the ex-spouse and their 2 children--- Just...

The things kids say... [ 1 Answers ]

I got a nasty bug over christmas. Only lasted a few days but I was sooo cold and felt bruised all over. Telling a friend I said, 'Santa must have rolled me around in the snow and got his reindeer to trample all over me.' Her little boy, who we hadn't realised was listening, looked up, all...

Kids Say the Darndest things [ 2 Answers ]

1. The children had all been photographed, and the Teacher was trying to persuade them each to buy a copy of the group picture. 'Just think how nice it will be to look at it when You are all grown up and say, 'There's Jennifer, she's a lawyer,' or 'That's Michael, He's a doctor.' ...

Kids say the darndest things. [ 6 Answers ]

I don't think it gets any cuter then this. :):) I love this little boy. rDI6GuAyo94

Kids say the dangest things [ 3 Answers ]

View more questions Search