Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    themisfitkitten Posts: 114, Reputation: 22

Sep 21, 2011, 05:25 AM
    Are there any restrictions against mailing plain paper postcard for address changes?
    Our office is going to move and I was going to print out address change postcards to mail to our clients. Is there any reason not to use a simple square of bright paper (regular copy weight) instead of actual postcard, other than the durability factor?

I have seen plain paper flyers come through the mail, but they are normally folded and taped. Since most of our clients are local, I doubt the cards would get too terribly banged up--I just wanted to make sure these wouldn't be too lightweight to go through sorting machines or anything. Thanks!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2011, 05:31 AM
    Hello t:

Seems to me that the cost to ASSURE that they go through the machines is worth it... I don't know how much you'd save by using plain paper, IF you'd save anything at all. What does a stiffer paper cost compared to plain paper?? I'd say next to NOTHING. If it's THOUSANDS of dollars you'll be saving, then that's another matter... But, I can't see it.

excon
    themisfitkitten Posts: 114, Reputation: 22

Sep 21, 2011, 05:42 AM
    Haha, thanks... I pretty much agree with you. My boss keeps going on about just using the bright paper we have in the office, and I keep saying "but I'm sure we can buy a pack of postcards in any color you want for a few bucks...." I'll let her know that it's probably fine to do on plain paper, but that it would really be more sensible to use card stock. ;)

-tmk
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 21, 2011, 06:36 AM
    I have read the eHow | How to Videos, Articles & More - Trusted Advice for the Curious Life | eHow.com stie and the US post office rules, while it seems there is no paper requirement there is a warning that normal paper may not go though their machines, which mean they could be destroyed or lost and so on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canon i865 prints with a green cast on photo paper but OK on plain paper - any ideas. [ 1 Answers ]

Printer is several years old and has always performed properly until recently. I have tried under windows XP and win 7 and also on a new laptop and using different photo papers always get green tinged photos! I've used Canon's Easy Photoprint and also Photoshop CS3 - same green results but...

Landlord using my mailing address [ 4 Answers ]

I just rented a house and when I check the mail the landlord has all kinds of mail coming to my mail box. It just don't look right to me, what do you think?

Mailing address on W2, W7 and 1040 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have following questions: 1) Is it necessary for me to put the same mailing address that I have on my W2 on the W7 form "applicants mailing address" section (W7 is for my spouse who does not have an SSN) as well as form 1040 "Home address" section? Or I can give a different address? The...

View more questions Search