Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladybugs2008 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2011, 10:08 AM
    MSA Agreements
    After I get my MSA signed by a Notary, is this a legal document in the eyes of the Judge? Do I have to file with the Court right away? I live in New Jersey.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 20, 2011, 10:56 AM
    A notary is merely a witness, that does not make it any more legal. It will need to be ruled on my the judge.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Sep 20, 2011, 01:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    A notary is merely a witness, that does not make it any more legal. It will need to be ruled on my the judge.
    Actually a notary is not a witness but instead an official who can administer an oath. Notarization also is proof of sorts that the person who supposedly signed the document actually did so.
    What's an MSA, by the way?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 20, 2011, 01:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    Actually a notary is not a witness but instead an official who can administer an oath. Notarization also is proof of sorts that the person who supposedly signed the document actually did so.
    What's an MSA, by the way?
    Actually a notary is both. But in the context of this question, a notary is used as a witness to certify that the document was signed by the person supposed to sign it. The notary is certifying that they have witnessed the signature and checked the ID of the signator and are satisfied that the signator is who they claim to be.

Notarization does not make the document legal. A judge still has to accept it. Notarization just means the judge does not have to witness the signing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Verbal agreements [ 7 Answers ]

When my previous employer offered my the job, he promised me a company vehicle as I would have to be doing a lot of traveling. I accepted the job but no company vehicle. I bought a new vehicle, did do a lot of driving and was getting paid kms. I approached my ex-employer and informed him that...

Lease agreements [ 1 Answers ]

My leaser of my house has been in it for a year. We talked about renewing her lease for another year. We agreed, in front of my dad, on a new monthly payment and term of another year. I emailed her a confirmation of the new monthly price and that it was for another year, as we agreed. A few days...

Verbal agreements [ 5 Answers ]

Can I take my neighbour to small claims court for not paying us half of a fence that was built? We had a verbal agreement, we built the fence to their specification & now they're claiming they didn't agree to pay half of a fence.

Verbal agreements [ 5 Answers ]

If both parents made a verbal agreement, and then many years later one parent wants to emanciapte a child early can the other parent use that verbal agreement in court?

Verbal Agreements [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, so here is the deal in a nut shell. My roommate and I rented a place from Aug 06 through Aug 07. Once that contract was over, we decided to go into another year of renting. However, the owner failed to get the contract to us and came October, my roommate decided to move and I couldn't...

View more questions Search