Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sabeer1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2011, 09:34 AM
    Whether the isthigasa is permitted in islam?
    Whether the isthigasa is permitted in islam? Explain with islamic kithab
    salmanmohammed Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Oct 7, 2011, 02:15 AM
    Istighātha in Arabic means to seek help and aide; and when used in the Islamic sciences there is no difference in meaning.

There are a number of close synonyms to istighātha such as istikhāra [seeking a decision] and isti'āna [seeking help]. However, as noted by the scholars of language, Istighātha is used when one is under a state of duress.

Scholar of Islam gave four rulings for istighātha:

1. Permissibility- It is permissible to help from others and, at times it can be recommended. This applies to asking one's brothers to pray for him asking Allah to bless him and raise his status; and, if there is a need, its is permissible to seek one's aide physically. However, there is an important etiquette noted by the Ulema, one should not do so with a humble voice and awe mimicking the way one would ask Allah the Most High.
    2. Recommended- This is related to asking Allah the Most High by His blessed names and attributes.
    3. Obligation- If one was facing certain death or about to perish, then it is an obligation upon him to beseech the aide and assistance of one who could help him.
    4. Forbidden- If one were to ask from those who have no power or ability to help him believing at the time he sought such aide that the power came from the one questioned [the prophet, or prophets, saint or others] and not Allah then this is forbidden by the consensus of jurists.

Istighātha (Supplicating and Calling) on Allah:

It is recommended to do so as was noted in the Qur'anic verse, “When you sought the help of your Lord and He answered you.” Surah al-Anfāl. Anas bin Malik related that the Prophet (pbuh) said, “Oh the Living The Sustainer which your mercy I beseech support.”

Istighātha (calling on and suplicating to) Other than Allah

As for istighath with the dead or anyone else for that matter, thinking that they can come out of their grave and bring assistance, then there is no question about the forbidden nature of this action. May Allah guide us.

Tawassul with the Prophet (pbuh)

This relates to three scenarios:

1. During his life time- Scholars agreed that it was permissible to do so based on a number of Qu'ranic verses and prophetic traditions.
    2. After his death [see below]
    3. To make tawassul to Allah by mentioning the Prophet seeking to draw nearer to Allah (pbuh). “Oh Allah I see to draw nearer to you with [our faith in] our Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).” [see below]

You can refer to detail list of articles refuting asking help from dead whether be it prophet or any creature: http://www.systemoflife.com/articles/tawassul
    All the narrations used in support of asking help from dead have been discussed in detail and refuted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

There is a page on on islam watch (Incest is Halal in Islam) please answer it because [ 9 Answers ]

I saw this page while I was searching Google It is causing bad for islam and our prophet MUHAMMAD peace be upon hin

Is licking is permitted in Islam ? [ 1 Answers ]

Is this have any side affects medically?

Is this job permitted ? [ 1 Answers ]

, Assalaamu' alaikum. I am just going to finish my secondary levels, and I want to study Genetic Engineering for higher studies. Genetic Engineering includes altering and messing around with natural things and the process of natural life. But as you can already see, genetic engineering has a...

Am I permitted to move out of state? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I are divorcing. He is in the Army has not been an active part of our son's life. He is now trying to get visitation with our son etc. He is stationed out of Ft Bragg in North Carolina and I live in Indiana with our son. My husband is also from In. but will be not be living here as...

Would a contest be permitted? [ 30 Answers ]

Hello. Well I have this idea, but I don't know if it would be permitted here or not. So I'd like to ask you guys, and if it was, would you guys be interested? Ok... I kind of would like to have a contest for teens, about poems. Halloween poems. And see who is more creative. Just tell me what...

View more questions Search