Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    masdon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2011, 12:17 PM
    Lack of power to fuel pump in Honda 1988 Civic.
    I have an 88 civic 1.5 with the two injectors in the throttle body. My problem is that I'm told instead of the fuel pump receiving 12 volts power it only gets 9.

All good from the wires. The 12 volts drop after the main relay clicks. I've replaced injectors, filter pump, alternator, fuel regulator and the piece that connects with the hose that sucks air and pushes coolant.

I'm baffled and could use a fresh set of ideas.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2011, 03:20 PM
    If you have 12 volts at Fuel Pump Relay, and 9 out, could be Bad relay contacts, Bad ground or Ground problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

'89 Honda Civic - no power to fuel pump [ 7 Answers ]

My little 89 Honda Civic had been running fine... then suddenly a few times it felt like the fuel delivery was getting weak, then it'd perk back up. I parked the car for a few days and drove my main car. I went back to the Honda after a 5-6 day hiatus - and it won't start. It turns over, but...

95 honda civic dx no power to engine or fuel pump [ 12 Answers ]

Switched the main relay fuel pump is new. I think it is a short but don't know where to look . You can hear

96 honda civic and the fuel pump isn't getting power [ 1 Answers ]

I changed the fuel pump in a 96 honda civic lx, has a 1.6 l vtech motor and now the fuel pump is not getting power. The main relay clicks on.

89 honda civic intermintent fuel pump power [ 3 Answers ]

My fuel pump gets power intermintely. Relay checks out fine.has spark.CEL and all other Dumbie lights go off normally after two seconds. Fuel pump is only a year old. I get 12.62 at the connector then drops to 10.35 a second later even when the fuel pump turns on it still does that. I've replaced...

92 Honda Civic, no power to fuel pump, but relay checks OK [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1992 Honda Civic That will start intermittently. A mechanic buddy of mine narrowed it down to the fuel pump not getting power. We checked the main relay and it checked out fine. So we jumped the power bypassing the relay and the pump powered up after that. Stumped with a capital. Oh yeah I...

View more questions Search