Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mariamrs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2011, 04:17 PM
    It is a posibility that I can adopt or get the custody of my sister that is disable?
    She is 52 years old and live with my mom but my mom is getting old and can not take care of her.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2011, 04:25 PM
    You may wish to go the guardianship route instead which is much easier to do. See any family law attorney to help you draw up the appropriate paperwork.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 18, 2011, 04:33 PM
    Who currently has custody and poa (power of attorney) over her affairs ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 18, 2011, 08:00 PM
    As long as your mom agrees, * assuming your mom has custody or guardianship though the courts.

I will say that unless her health is poor, 52 is far from old, and a active 52 year old in good health would have no issue caring for anyone.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 18, 2011, 08:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    I will say that unless her health is poor, 52 is far from old, and a active 52 year old in good health would have no issue caring for anyone.
    Chuck, I believe the disabled sister is 52, not the mother caring for her. I may be wrong, but that's how I read the question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I adopt my best friend to be my sister? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello my best friend and I have been friends for almost 30yrs and we are both in our thirties. Lol. We would like to become sisters legally since we are joined by the hip anyway lol(not really).. Could you please give me information on that we live in Chattanooga Tennessee thank you in advance

Adopt sister [ 2 Answers ]

I'm sarah and I'm 18 years old and my baby sister is 16 and I live on my own and my sister was adopted when she was little, and she does not enjoy living with her adopted mother, can I fight for her to live with me Just a quick question.

How to adopt when my sister who is in kenya [ 1 Answers ]

How to edopt my 13 years old sister who has no mother and father and lives in kenya and I live in canada

Sister wants to adopt my son [ 3 Answers ]

My son is 14 and has been arrested twice for marijuana and is going to an alternative school. I am a single mother with another child who is 5. He refuses to follow my rules and is staying with my sister because I have to work and have no way to get him to and from school since he can't ride the...

Can I adopt my sister? [ 10 Answers ]

I'm 23 years old and since the first day I remember my family was a wreck.my parents were always fighting and my dad was very abusive.when I turned 17 my mom filed for divorce and me and her filed a complaint against my dad and in court in was found guilty and they made a file for him saying he has...

View more questions Search