Ask
    jeffro65 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2011, 06:40 AM
    Can I use 14-2 with 20 amp breaker for microwave
    Can I use 14-2 wire with 20 amp breaker for microwave outlet
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2011, 07:32 AM
    Nope, 15 Amp breaker on 14-2, 20 Amp Breaker on 12-2.
    Try to get #12's to the Micro, and likely other Kitchen circuits if 14-2 is now there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Microwave keeps tripping breaker [ 9 Answers ]

I live in a house that's about 35 years old, and it has a (probably) brand new over the range microwave. I know that the microwave, the overhead light, the refrigerator, and the stove are all on this same circuit. What I'm experiencing is that, if I run the microwave for very long, it trips the...

Microwave trips breaker. [ 12 Answers ]

Dedicated circuit. Replaced 15A breaker w/20A. Replaced outlet with HD 20A. Still trips. Ran HD extension cord to a different 15A outlet. Works perfectly. I am out of guesses.

My microwave is rated 12.7 amps and it blows the 15 amp breaker when it is on. [ 2 Answers ]

If it is on for short times, there is no problem but over 2 minutes is sure to break the circuit. There are other plugs on the same circuit but they are not in use. Can I replace the breaker with a 20 amp circuit?

Can I tapinto the line side of a100 amp main breaker to feed a 60 amp breaker service [ 1 Answers ]

Can I tap into the line side of a 100 amp main breaker to feed a 60 amp breaker for a electric stove

Microwave trips circuit breaker [ 1 Answers ]

Please help - I'm stumped. I have a swimming pool pump, and an electric kettle all working off a 20 amp CB. The pool pump and the electric kettle will work together but not the pool pump and the microwave. The wattage of the electric kettle is 1500 and the microwave is 1100. If the amps are...

View more questions Search