Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jessica8a Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2011, 05:15 PM
    Need advice on coloring my hair
    Hi a year and a half ago I dyed my red hair black,then I decided to dye hair again about 5 months ago I decided to color hair so I bleached bottom of my hair and kept the top of hair dark brown (my natural hair color)but it still has some black in it on tips from before.So 5 weeks ago I decided to do all my hair a brown color but unfortently the bottom of my hair which is blonde eventually washed off after a few shampoos so now my hair is top brown with tips black and the bottom half of hair is blonde.I want to dye my hair again but would like my hair to be one color without fading later to blonde I was thinking brown or red what could you suggest need advice soon. I'm doing it on my own at home please advice me.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2011, 05:53 PM
    You have to buy a color stripper and strip out all the color in your hair now and then use a toner and crème developer with the color of your choice. Any Beauty supply store can fix you up with the supplies you need. And no, you can't buy the color stripper at WalMart (for instance) but you can buy at any beauty supply store that sells to the public. Find one in the yellow pages.

If you just try to cover over your entire hair with just the toner and developer without first stripping out the existing color trust me, it will NOT work.

I have been a L'Oreal blonde for too many years now and I know from experience what works and what does not work. I used to have medium brown hair down to my behind and bleached it blonde. Big mistake. Tried several times to go back to brown but only succeeded when I used the color stripper. It is very HARD on your hair also and you may want to pick up some Loreal Nature's Therapy conditioner to put on your hair immediately after rinsing out the toner and developer. You don't need that much either for use after every shampoo either. This way your hair gets the nourishment that it lost during the transition of your coloring.
    Jessica8a Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2011, 07:26 PM
    Thanks do I stripped my hair then wash it off and then mix developer and the color and add to my hair. What developer should I use (what number) and how long should I leave in hair?Should start of at my roots and then do the bottom of hair which is lighter?Could you please tell me in detail how to start of the process of doing my hair want to this right and would really appreciate your advice and knowledge on me getting right hair color.Please send step by step instructions I appreciate it(:
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2011, 10:26 AM
    Start at the back of your hair, then the top of your head, then the sides and finally the front area. You leave developer/toner mixture on for 40 minutes. During the LAST 10 minutes do the ends of your hair otherwise the very porous ends will soak up too much color. I have no access to the color chart to pick out a particular shade for you to use so just pick one that appeals to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need advice on coloring medium colored hair to a light brown Asap please [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I dyed my hair about a year and a half ago black.Recently about 2 mnths ago I dyed top of my hair brown and bleached bottom half of my hair. It was OK but part of my top hair is brown and the ends are a dark brown to black. My roots have came out a lot some of my tips from the top hair are still...

Can permanent hair coloring cause hair to fall out at the roots? [ 1 Answers ]

Can using a permanent hair color cause hair to fall out at the roots?

Will coloring the hair increase dandruff in the hair ? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I recently colored my hair and I feel that the dandruff has increased. I used to use sunsilk before coloring my hair and it was nice and smooth , after coloring I changed to Loreal color shampoo and I feel the dandruff has increased. Can you tell me if I can use sunsilk itself or is the...

Dry and frizzy hair from leaving hair coloring on too long. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I usually color my hair every four weeks to cover up the gray. I use the same color " medium copper brown" which is a little lighter than my natural color. The last time I colored my hair, I left it on for too long, almost an hour, I was talking on the telephone and didn't notice the...

Hair Coloring - Dying auburn hair with grey roots [ 2 Answers ]

Any advice for dying already dyed auburn hair with massive grey roots. I heard that using an ash color will diminish the brassiness.

View more questions Search