Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nsmith81 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2011, 04:46 PM
    State Income Tax & State Disability Tax field on tax forms
    With someone working out of state, is the "SIT/SDI state" field on a tax payroll form mean the state that the person is working in, or the state that he lives in?
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2011, 04:50 PM
    The state that is getting the payments.
    nsmith81 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2011, 04:58 PM
    How do I know which state gets the payments?
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2011, 05:21 PM
    Talk to your employer who will answer any of your payroll questions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Federal corporate income tax treatment on state income tax return [ 0 Answers ]

I know that federal corporation tax is deductible on state corporate tax returns but not on federal corporate returns, but is it deductible on state corporate returns? You may generalize your answer or you may limit it to Florida Form F-1120 if you like. I have been told that it can but I can't...

Regarding 1099 tax forms and where to send the "state tax department" copy to [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm from California. I mailed the 1099 form to IRS but I don't know where to send the 'state tax department' copy to.. do I mail it or keep it or give to the 'recipient'?

Corporations: State Income Tax deductible for Federal Inc. Tax [ 8 Answers ]

I am preparing my 1120 Fed. Inc. Tax return and am a little confused about how State Income taxes accrued during the year play in the determination of the Federal Inc. Tax Payable. Logically, it should look something like this: Steps 1) First, create the P&L Statement following the IRS...

1120: State income tax deductible in federal tax return for corp. [ 2 Answers ]

In our C Corp. we use the Accrual method of accounting. Nevertheless, in our past Federal Inc. tax returns, my accountant (actually, ex-accountant) has been deducting the State Inc. Taxes PAID in the FY, instead of the accrued tax. I want to start deducting the accrued tax, starting this FY's...

Should CA state disability income be claimed on tax returns? [ 1 Answers ]

Must I claim CA State disability income on my federal and state income tax returns?

View more questions Search