Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MystcDrgns Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2011, 10:41 AM
    96" honda accord idling problem
    On my 96" Honda Accord the idling was/ is very erratic, when in park or neutral the tachometer moves from 900 - 1500 rpm. I change out the Idle Air Control (IAC) Valve. The problem still persisted. I then changed out the TPS and well that lasted a day, all hell broke loose. Now the rpm are @ 3000 at a stand still (in park or neutral) Engine light on and it read P0122 Throttle Position Sensor low input. I replaced the new one for the old one and still revs high and same engine code is thrown. Did I mess something up when I changes the TPS? How can I solve the erratic idling as well as th e TPS problem? Thanks in advance.

Check out some similar questions!

1990 honda accord throbs and pulses while idling or accelerating.. [ 6 Answers ]

1990 honda accord throbs and pulses while idling or accelerating.. car drives fine until it warms up.

Honda accord 98, constant idling up and down after starter replaced? [ 26 Answers ]

OK, the car wouldn't start and I determined it was the starter by tapping on it while someone engaged the ignition. It started but the drive gear didn't pull back in the starter so I turned the igntion off BUT The starter kept turning the engine over even when the ignition was turned off, I...

My 1988 Honda accord is idling 3000 rpm how do I fix that problem [ 2 Answers ]

We got the head shaved by 0.22 and it fixed it some but it ran worse before but we thike the carb is bad

1990 Honda Accord Running Hot/Idling High [ 1 Answers ]

Hey all. I have a 1990 Honda Accord. I recently bought it just for the sole purpose of getting me to and from work. I had it for about 2 days it ran fine, no problems. The next day I get up and drive to work, and it's running extremely hot. So I change the thermostat. Solves the problem for that...

91 honda accord LX surges when idling [ 8 Answers ]

Our 91 honda accord lx has approx 150k miles on it and has been a great car.. . recently my wife noticed when she starts it still in park the rpms will surge when we start going it does it also when we stop at a stoplight etc. I'm thinking it may be the 02 sensor from reading my haynes manual. Just...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.