Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bostonfan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2011, 12:17 PM
    Boss from Hell
    Ive worked at this company for 8 yrs. The immediate supervisor is a jerk... Management knows it and has sent her to many leadership classes, all to no avail. She continually says demeaning things to me such as "Why don't you just quit?" and "Im still waiting for your resignation". When I first started , and complained about a safety policy being broken she said "I don't think I have to remind you that your probation is not yet up", which I took as a threat. I don't know where to go... I know everyone knows how bad she is, but being union, no one will do anything about it. It's to the point of where I despise going to work everyday! I need to get her fired, because if I open an investigation for harassment, she will make my life miserable!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 16, 2011, 01:03 PM
    It sounds like she hates herself and takes it out on everyone else. I'll bet her private life is a mess too.

If management has sent her to many training classes, it doesn't sound like she's going out the door any time soon. There must be something good about her. Why have they invested so much in her?

Is there something she does right or well? With an honest smile, compliment her for it. She needs to be validated.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2011, 01:27 PM
    If you know she's going to react even worse once your have her investigated for harassment, take the time to speak with a lawyer before you file a complaint against her, so he can guide you on what you need to do and information you need to gather to build a convincing case against, and then take her a** to civil court.

Massachusetts doesn't mess around when it comes to harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    There must be something good about her. Why have they invested so much in her?
    Because she's in a union.
    bostonfan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2011, 02:17 PM
    She does nothing well... I think they keep her because she has been with the company for many, many years before being made supervisor 8 years ago... and the only reason she got the supervisor job is because of who she knew.. our department has been through several managers over the last 8 years so every time we get a new one, we try to show them how bad she is and by the time we get them to see for themselves how she is, they are gone and another manager comes in. Unfortunately, in this case, the union is no help because she is also a union member, so they are going to protect her too. To get a lawyer is a big expense I can't afford right now.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2011, 05:00 PM
    If you can't afford a lawyer—you could at least talk to a lawyer, consultations are sometimes free—and are reluctant to file a complaint for harassment, then your only option is to find a new job.

Don't know what else to tell you.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2011, 06:48 PM
    It might be a silly question.

You have been working 8 years in this company? So why is she telling you, your probation is not up yet?

So has this been a problem for all 8 years and just coming ahead now?

If everybody else is experiencing the same treatment you would think people would come together to make grievances?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A former boss talking dirt to a new boss [ 3 Answers ]

Good Evening, So, I worked for a jewelry store for a few months before relocating to another location to finish college. After I moved, I applied at a competator's company in at a mall store. At my former job, my manager and I did NOT get along. She would constantly change the schedule without...

What the hell am I doing? [ 4 Answers ]

What a mess I have made of my life. I met the woman of my dreams 10 months ago. Tall, beautiful, funny, sexy, great career, an absolute dream. Things were amazing immediately. The chemistry was out of this world. After a few months of dating we talked about moving in together and began looking for...

What to do? Boss loves you boss hates yeah girl? [ 7 Answers ]

Hey guys So I'm going out with a chick I work with I know I know not the best :) But hey. Anyway I really like this one she seems to give me what I need. Now if the boss likes you but not her. What do you do? Not much right If she gets kicked do I go with her or stay at my job? This...

What the hell? [ 7 Answers ]

Mmk. I already know I need to get rid of my boyfriend. He is my first boyfriend so tell me how to dump him without making him cry... ;)

Boss firing employees after boss resigns [ 1 Answers ]

Is it legal in California for a CEO to fire employees AFTER the CEO has resigned? My understanding is that the CEO can no longer hire, fire or negotiate contracts after they have tendered their resignation.

View more questions Search