Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jacobsc80 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2011, 11:01 AM
    To become national guard do you have to go to the 2month Basic Training program.
    To be in the national guard do you have to attend the 2 month basic training program or is it different than an active duty soldier.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 16, 2011, 11:27 AM
    I thought it was a longer program, it is 10 weeks but you go to the same basic training program as regular army does.

And there will be additional training also.

This gives you a good idea what they do.

United States Army Basic Training - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Triysle Posts: 245, Reputation: 84

Apr 28, 2012, 07:52 PM
    Not sure about other branches but all forms of army (active, reserves, and natl guard) all go to the same basic training.

In most cases they also go to the same AIT (post-basic training) but with some MOS there are shorter courses for reserves and guard.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Join the national guard to be a cop? [ 6 Answers ]

I want to join the national guard and eventually be a police officer. I don't have very much info en would like to know if it is hard to do

National Guard and Probation [ 2 Answers ]

What happens when your serving the national guard and you are put on probation while still serving.

Recruit Sustainment Program For the National Guard [ 4 Answers ]

I have not been enlisted for very long in the Ohio Army National Guard and am in Recruit Sustainment Program. I need to get out of going my girlfriend has became pregnet and I don't want to leave her so she has a better chance of finishing High School if I am around. I've heard that since I haven't...

View more questions Search