Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    naseerforu Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2011, 03:56 AM
    F1 visa cwop?
    Hey, recently while returning the usa after completion of my vacations, the immigration officer wrote CWOP on my visa and sent me back home, believing I am not a student. Because I was living in Chicago and my university is in Wisconsin, can anybody help me on that.
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Sep 16, 2011, 06:00 AM
    "CWOP" is "cancelled without prejudice", meaning the cancellation should not automatically keep you from getting another visa. It is not credible that you live in Chicago and attend school in Wisconsin. Did you have your school registration for the Fall semester, tuition payments, and were entering before the semester started?

Sep 16, 2011, 11:50 AM
    Yeah u right, staying in Chicago was a big mistake, Its not easy to get a visa now, but I will try to convince the consulate officer. Let see!

Nov 29, 2011, 01:10 AM
    Are they any chances for getting a new visa now
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Nov 29, 2011, 01:35 PM
    Yes, but you will need a lot of evidence to show you are a bona fide student.

Jan 9, 2012, 02:24 AM
    What do I need as evidence to be a bona fide student apart from transcript, student id, tution fees. Look forward for hearing from you.

Jan 9, 2012, 02:28 AM
    Hey, what do I need to be a bonafide student apart from my transcript, tutuion fee, student id. What will u suggest me to convince the consulate officer. Look forward for hearing from you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband on H1B visa, Wife on F1 visa- Can we file jointly using form 1040 EZ [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am on an H1B visa and my wife is on an F1 visa. We got married in Dec 2007. I was wondering whether I could file form 1040EZ using the Married Filing Jointly status? Thanks a lot in advance

Spouse f2 visa travel to usa while husband change of status from f1 to H1B visa? [ 1 Answers ]

I was on F1 Visa and my wife holds valid F2 dependent visa. But now my status changed from F1 to H1B. My question is, Can my wife who is currently in India travel on her valid F2 dependent visa or she is required to get the H4 visa to travel back to USA.

Cwop visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! Im Sofia from BA Argentina and since Im planning on travelling to the US just for a week for vacation, I checked my passports. But to my surprise, I noticed that an officer sometime in one of my several trips Ive done to the US a few years ago, has wrote CWOP on my B1 (Turist) visa. What...

Can an indian woman on student visa cancel her husband's dependent visa in/of you.K. [ 1 Answers ]

Can an indian woman on student visa cancel her husband's dependent visa in/of U.K.

Change from B2 visa to F1 visa then to J1 or H1 visa for residency [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Guide me I m n US on B1/ B2 visa for USMLE xm.instaed of going back to india & coming again for hospital interview( more costly )... should I change visa status B2 to F1 ? Afterwords for MD medicine I hv to take J1 or H1 visa.. so how this B2 to F1 change will affect J1 or H1...

View more questions Search