Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mujereuno Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2011, 07:46 PM
    Not Surviving on 694.00 a month
    Hello,
    My name is RWand I am in desperate need of financial help. I get 694.00 a month from Social Security and am finding it difficult to survive. I am severely disabled having had 4 spine surgeries and being in need of additional surgeries. I am so afraid for my future. I desperately need help and cannot look for a loan anywhere as I do not own anything of value. I am at my wits end and am thinking about ending my life because I am barely living. I am on the verge of being homeless and find myself going hungry towards the end of every month. I have no family and am all alone in the world. Please, I implore you. I need financial help. I could do OK I guess with about 500.00. Please help.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 15, 2011, 08:02 PM
    Are you in the U.S. If so, your village, township, and county should each have a senior services department. If you don't call them, then call your local public library's reference department and ask for the phone numbers and contact names of agencies and groups who will help.

Please post again to let us know how that worked out.

Sep 15, 2011, 08:25 PM
    I have tried that to no avail.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 15, 2011, 08:27 PM
    What did the reference librarian tell you?

What state are you in? Near a city?

Sep 15, 2011, 08:28 PM
    She cannot help me.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 15, 2011, 08:30 PM
    Do you live in an apartment or a house? Do you own a car?

Have you checked for food pantries in the area?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 15, 2011, 08:53 PM
    Maybe Michael and his family would help?

Sep 15, 2011, 08:55 PM
    I live with friends but have to leave soon so I am soon to be homeless.I cannot drive because I cannot see well. There are no food pantries in my area. If I could just get my hands on 500.00 I could at least rent a room for awhile. I am very sick with multiple life threatening illnesses, am alone in the world and very frightened.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 15, 2011, 08:55 PM
    If you are in the US, you can go to social services and get food stamps, so you will be able to eat.

You are disabled so you should have and can apply for disability and be covered under medicare and/or medicaid to pay for all or most of you medical bills.

You can apply for section 8 may be a waiting list, to pay for your rent.

It is hard at times, but there are many things you can do.

If you expect, really expect someone that does not know you just to send you money, that is not going to happen

Sep 15, 2011, 08:56 PM
    Michael who?

Sep 15, 2011, 08:56 PM
    I just need help.

Sep 15, 2011, 08:58 PM
    I have medicaid and food stamps, but how am I supposed to live on less than 200 a month? Medicaid does not cover everything. I am not a beggar. Simply a disabled woman in need of help.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 15, 2011, 08:58 PM
    The Michael you have a relationship with.

Sep 15, 2011, 09:02 PM
    I am ON disability. I get 694.00 a month and live in NY.Please tell me how to survive on that. And section 8 is not accepting applications at this time because they have a 4 year waiting list. Shall I live in a cardboard box until then? Even after my upcoming 5th spinal surgery? If you have no real answers, please don't bother. I have already taken the steps you mentioned. I am not asking for a hand out, but a hand up. God bless

Sep 15, 2011, 09:03 PM
    Mike cannot afford to help me anymore. He has been kind to me.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 15, 2011, 09:05 PM
    If I send you $500 for Sept. what about Oct.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 15, 2011, 09:13 PM
    Where do you live now? House? Apartment?

I'm from NYS. There are many agencies/places/people/groups/organizations that will help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can landlord charge extra $100/month for a month to month lease in PA [ 8 Answers ]

I have been renting in PA for over 5 years now. The past 2 years I have gone month-to-month paying an extra $100 for this month-to-month option. Is this allowable in PA for a landlord to charge extra for going month-to-month after you have been there for at least a full year?

Where can I find a 1997 hampton bay Versailles 694-573 ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

Looking for another 1997 Hampton Bay Versailles ceilling fan model # 694-573 (04114)

Landlord Requiring 2 month Vacating Notice on 3 month (month to month) lease [ 21 Answers ]

I am in a situation and am in need of some advice. I am currently renting an apartment in Minneapolis. I am doing an internship which only requires me to live here for 3 Months. I signed a lease with a complex on a month to month basis. I planned to Move out at the end of April, so on march 1 I...

Upstate NY Month to Month lease termination- Prorated rent after 1st of next month? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, As a month to month renter in Rochester, NY (outside the city) with no lease, I gave notice on June 3 that I would be moving out on July 1. My landlord proceeded to tell me that I would be responsible for the ENTIRE month of July's rent, even though my 30 day notice would take me to the...

Surviving Childhood [ 1 Answers ]

Just had to share this with my friends, family and everyone here since it applies to most all of us... have a laugh and spread the smile. TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED the 1930's, 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's!! First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they were...

View more questions Search