Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MAJOTHOCACHLO Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2011, 03:57 PM
    Florida law dissolution of an S corporation?
    Hi! I would like to know how can an S corporation can be dissolve if the sharehoders do not come to an agreement?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2011, 08:24 PM
    Does the corporation have an attorney? If so, then contact the attorney and have him draw up the appropriate paperwork to dissolve this S corporation.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Sep 16, 2011, 10:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAJOTHOCACHLO View Post
    Hi! I would like to know how can an S corporation can be dissolve if the sharehoders do not come to an agreement?
    First, it doesn't matter, under state law, whether it's a "S" corporation or a "C" corporation. An "S" corporation is a corporation which has made an election under the Internal Revenue Code, which has nothing to do with dissolution.

Florida statute provides four ways a corporation can be dissolved:
    1. Dissolution by incorporators or directors;
    2. Dissolution by board of directors and shareholders;
    3. administrative dissolution; and
    4. judicial dissolution.

The last link I gave sets out the grounds for judicial dissolution. I looks like the most common basis for such dissolution would be that the "directors are deadlocked in the management of the corporate affairs, the shareholders are unable to break the deadlock, and irreparable injury to the corporation is threatened or being suffered ...".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

S-Corporation Dissolution [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 50% owner of an S-corporation. My partner is not longer interested in continuing the business, but I would like to. He says he is "shutting it down." He is more of a silent partner, I actually work 50+ hours per week on all of the business job. He can't make a decision like this on his...

Dissolution of a 501(c)(7) corporation [ 1 Answers ]

What are the tax costs of dissolution of a 501(c)(7) corporation? What are the tax specifications for dissolution of a 501(c)(7) Tax Exempt Corporation?

View more questions Search