Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BreakingDwn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2011, 12:51 PM
    1996 Honda Accord Won't Start Right Away
    So recently I have been having starting issues with my Accord. At first it would only happen in the morning when it was cool and wet out(not sure if moisture has anything to do with it). But now more recently every time I try to turn on my car it takes a number of twists of the key before the engine will finally start. All of the lights and my steareo turn not, but I don't even hear a click... just the chiming sound cars normally make when initially starting up. Could this be an issue with the starter or something smaller and hopefully not as expensive?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2011, 01:25 PM
    Check the ignition switch for wear, pitting, or melting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which buttons on the remote start a 1996 Honda Accord? [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know which buttons to push on the remote to start a 1996 Honda Accord

1996 honda accord will not start [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn the key I hear a single click what does that mean... help

1996 honda civic won't start [ 1 Answers ]

Replaced an engine in a 1996 honda civic had to use the old disturbutor now it has no fire when I cranke it over it is not getting spark what could it be?replaced the rotor button and yhe cap.

1996 Honda Accord LX will not start sometimes [ 1 Answers ]

Hey All, Any advice is greatly appreciated! I have 1996 Honda Accord LX. Every now and then (during the last couple months) my car will not start. It won't crank over or nothing. I've tested the battery and seems to be fine. I even thought it was the alarm/killswitch but there are no clear...

1996 honda accord does not start in the morning [ 1 Answers ]

Car will not start in the morning. Afternoon starts OK.Took car to local repair shop started OK. Brought it home next morning same problem. Nogo. Any ideas. Thanks, ...

View more questions Search