Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leidenschaftlich für Wahr Posts: 243, Reputation: 46

Sep 15, 2011, 12:07 PM
    Was my toddler sexually abused?
    This morning I got my 1.5 and 2.5 year olds out of bed and as I was changing the younger, the older girl referred to my younger child's personal area a her P***y... This REALLY disturbs me, not only that she know the word, but also the connotation. When we were in the living room I asked her, very calmly, "Ok baby, where is your p***y? (just like I would ask 'show me your eye... Show me your ear'... And again she pointed to the area.
    The only places that she goes is to my parents, who I obviously trust... Considering they raised me... And my 13 year old female babysitter, who is a private school church girl and completely naïve to those kinds of things.
    Could she have learned it from another toddler during the like, ONE hour a week she spends in Sunday school? I'm really bugged...

PS. We don't own a TV and our computers are stringently locked down with filters...
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2011, 01:02 PM
    Hi... I can understand your concerns,however your children are very young at the age where they would listen and copy speech from almost anyone.

You say they go to your mum's and yes of course she can be trusted, those little ones will be the light in her life,there would be nothing that she would ever do in any way shape or form to harm them.When they are at grandma's of course there is a possibility that maybe a neighbour came to the house, perhaps the neighbour has children but older who might have seen your mum changing the children and perhaps made some silly comment which would have been picked up very quickly.

Your baby sitter seems a lovely girl who has decent references, however she is a teenager and teenagers no matter what school they attend have a language all of their own,maybe she was using the phone talking to a friend when she inadvertently made a gesture in that area whilst in conversation.

Quite honestly I think your children have not been abused just somehow picked this up.Keep your eyes open just to be sure in your own mind everything is as it should be.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 15, 2011, 01:24 PM
    I agree with Orphan and suggest you think of a calm way to let your daughter know this is a naughty word that we shouldn't use. At that point, she may say, "Mrs. S. said it!" so then you will know the source.
    Leidenschaftlich für Wahr Posts: 243, Reputation: 46

Oct 4, 2011, 07:51 PM
    Well, figured it out! When my parents change my 2 girls dirty diapers, they say, "Phew, Poozie!!" ROFL she way just saying "poozie" in a toddler way. Omg. Laugh to tears!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 5, 2011, 08:58 AM
    I am so glad you came back to tell us the source of her "new word"! Sometimes it really is a simple explanation and we've panicked unnecessarily.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sexually Abused... [ 3 Answers ]

When I was 17 I was emotionally, physically, and sexually abused by a man I was in a relationship with. I'm 20 years old now, and only finally admitted to it for the first time over the past summer. My parents, Godmother, and longterm boyfriend are the only ones who know. My mother urged me to...

Found out my girlfriend was sexually abused, what should I do? [ 12 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I were talking last night, and we got to the subject of sex. She said she was afraid to go any farther than kissing, and I told her that was OK, because I didn't want to go any farther either. I could tell that something was bothering her, and I asked her what was the matter. She...

A sexually abused child? [ 2 Answers ]

What do I do if I suspected a family member has sexually abused my son? He is only 4 and has had a complete turn around in his personality and has many of the behavioral signs. I ask him about it and he doesn't tell me anythingDoes anyone know the first step to get help? I'm not sure if it is...

Was I sexually abused? [ 13 Answers ]

When I was about 13 or 14 years old a male cousin who is nine years older than me fondled me. I really struggle with was I molested. I know that age of consent in my state is 16, but I feel guilty because I just laid there and did not fight back. I now have anxiety issues and no libido with my...

Sexually abused [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend was sexually abused when he was young and now he seems to think that its his fault. He hasn't talked to anyone about it. How do I help him?:confused:

View more questions Search