Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    upsetmama92 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2011, 07:52 PM
    How do I get my kids out of fostercare?
    My name is ashley.my son was taken from my husband and me after our 2 month old son died from a genetic disease our now 2 year old son was diagnosed with this disease when he was 7 months old after our 2nd child past away cps took our son from us.CPS said that we medically neglect.I gave borth to my daughter 5 months ago and cps took her.we go to court next month for the judge to decide if we get our children back.we are good parents what do we do to get the judge and dhs to see that are children should be returned home to us?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2011, 07:58 PM
    There has to be more to this story. If the child died of a genetic disease and you provided appropriate, recommended care, there would be no basis for CPS to take the child. Did you refuse treatment for the child? Was the official cause of death the genetic disease? In other words, what was the disease and what did the death certificate say? What was the basis for CPS claiming you were guilty of medical neglect of the child?

As for how to get your remaining child(ren) back from CPS, this is too serious for a do-it-yourself project. You require legal representation. If you cannot afford it, ask the court to appoint legal counsel to you at your next court appearance. There are a lot of smart people on here, but honestly if you're about to loose your children permanently, getting anonymous advice online might be helpful for some general information but is way,way inadequate - you must have a serious, quality attorney representing your interests. The court may also appoint an attorney to represent the best interests of your children.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 15, 2011, 03:50 AM
    I agree there appears to be more to this. But the first person to talk to is your case worker. You need to ask what you can do to prove you are good parents.

And I would get a good lawyer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's or 90's Kids film about kids adopting aliens from a pet store [ 3 Answers ]

Thinking they were animals and then FBI get involved etc. I remember watching the film in th 90's on VHS but cannot for the life of me remember the name of it

I have 2 kids my kids mother is deceased, we had no custody papers, can I get my kids [ 5 Answers ]

My ex and I have not been together for over 5 years and I would send money and see my kids when I can they live in California, I live in Texas. 3 weeks ago my ex was killed and now my kids who are 5 and 4 are with their grandmother right now, can I go get my kids. My ex and I had no custody...

Kids mom on ssi died but she didn't work.do kids qualify? [ 1 Answers ]

My children mother past away at age 38 in New Jersey. She had no work history, but she received ssi benefits for 10yrs. Do my children qualify for any benefits.

View more questions Search