Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lowrey_shea Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2007, 09:28 AM
    Felony Probation Violation
    If you are on felony probation and you get arrested for a DUI what are the consaquense's?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 3, 2007, 09:33 AM
    Your probation officer will decide if you need your probation violated, or if your probation needs to be changed to a different status.

If they violate your probation, you will be put into detention and held till a hearing. The Judge will decide if you need to be put back in prison or not
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2007, 10:28 AM
    Hello lowrey:

You can be made to serve the entire underlying sentence. Surprises me why someone would do that.

But, I had a friend who was given a transfer from a maximum security joint to a minimum security camp. He was given a "furlough" transfer, meaning he had to get there himself. He got there drunk. They sent him back. Surprised me why he would do that.

excon
    liza70 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Feb 11, 2008, 11:39 PM
    violating my felony probation is what sent me to the pen.-yeah-i was rather stupid in my 20's... buy,I digress... when I got my felony probation,it was with the understanding that I could do 5 years for violating-and,this was separate from whatever I was convicted for (the new charge)i got 'lucky',and,only got 2 years.felony probation is usually your last stop before the state pen-unless,of course you commit a fed. Crime.however,if its your first violation,and,your o.g charge was also drug/drink related,they may opt to send you to a program that's behind bars... when you get out,your felony may be dropped to a simple misdeameanor.but,not only does it vary,state-to-state,its also like public defenders are fond of saying,'different face,different case'.good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation Violation [ 1 Answers ]

My 24 year old daughter was recently on the receiving end of domestic violence. There is no legal attachment between her and the violating party. He was currently on probation for a previous criminal act, for which he did some prison time. Last night they picked him up for the probation violation...

Felony probation transfer [ 2 Answers ]

My younger sister would like to transfer her felony probation from Florida to South Carolina--she still owes the state of Florida fines, etc--does anyone know the requirements to transferring probation--is there a legal process, etc? Any insight would be most appreciated.

Probation Violation in FL [ 5 Answers ]

HELP, please!! I just received a letter from the Clerk of Courts stating that I am in violation of probation and there is a warrant for my arrest. They also returned my money order for payment of fines. Apparently, I did not pay the fines by the deadline. I have contacted my attorney, however,...

Probation violation [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all, I had been convicted of a felony (marijuana possession and the intent to distribute) It was about one pound as they claim... but at the time of my arrest I had less then one ounce on me and 1k of marked money.( which they found later at the station in my jacket pocket) that was my first...

Probation violation [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Bryant Ficklin well I was put on probation for the first time in March for a mis for batter I was sent to 1 year in jail all susspend well in December I was pulled over and charged with a owi which is a Amis and a Cmis minor consumpution and another C Open container in the car well I...

View more questions Search