Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anniegtyrgn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2011, 12:07 PM
    Help! My hair color went bad!
    Last night I used a root touch up just to get through a weekend trip to a wedding. (flying in 12 hrs!) I used a medium auburn brown. It came out bright red on my roots! Panicing, I recolored with a medium ash brown. I also took the medium ash brown and used it on some of my highlights which are honey. (I have med. Brown hair with honey highlights). Second coloring took a lot of the red crown out, now it still has a red hue but not BRIGHT like it was, BUT the ash brown made my honey highlights GREEN! Please help me, should I do a medium brown on both the red roots and highlights or what color can I do to help the green and red?
    Brnidgirlvaail7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2014, 02:38 PM
    Do you have a Sally's Beaty Supply Shop by you? They have this age defying hair color that's just amazing! I will never go back to the Root Touch Up ever again! I am not quite 1/3 gray yet and am not ready to go lighter on my long brunette locks. I am so glad they came up with this stuff! All I do is fill in the roots when the gray shows about 1/2 inch or so or if there is a special occasion. I have this other Root Rescue from Loreal, but I haven't used yet. I just finished all of the color that I got from Sally's last month. Root touch up never did it's job at all! It only made my gray look light red. My normal hair color is dark chestnut brown, very dark! And Sally's filled it in perfectly! All I had to do is wait that 48 hours before shampooing after coloring and it lasted until the outgrowth. I will be trying the Loreal next, but I don't think it will hold a candle to Sally's age defying color. It comes in a cream and a liquid. I used the cream color with a 20 developer. The people at Sally's will help you with choosing your color and all your needs including the after conditioner etc... I also use the Loreal Sulfate Free shampoo and conditioner. I used to use Wen, but it was way to expensive to keep me using it and as well it didn't keep my scalp feeling clean! It felt built up and almost greasy, and that's odd for dry curly hair. Oh, I use the Loreal shampoo for curly hair. On another note to help those dry split ends. This I know, you don't cause damage putting color in or going darker, the damage happens when you pull color out and change to a lighter shade to put a different color in. To keep these long curly locks frizz free and in order to skip a trim here and there, I use 100% organic virgin coconut oil for many, many things!! Including on my hair. A little on the ends after the shower and in between to redefine the curls and smooth out the frizzy's and make it look a lot healthier as well as be a lot healthier, my hair just drinks it up! You can get it from Amizon, the brand I use is called "Tree Of Life" 100% organic virgin coconut oil that is cold pressed and make sure what ever type of coconut oil you do get (there are others as well) be sure it smells like coconuts! If not something is not right with it. I also make my own lotions, soaps, lip balms and sugar scrubs with this amazing oil. It's in a soft form in cooler climates, but when it's over 78 degrees it is a liquid. Google it! There are so many great uses as well as benefits for everything including your hair! I don't know what I would do without the stuff! Lucky for me they carry it at Woodmans. A large grocery store here in my home town. It's about $10 for a pretty large jar, I would say about 16 oz and worth every penny. Just a little goes a long, long way. If you need any of the recipes for lip balm (tastes like coconut and honey) let me know. All you need is bees wax, vitamin E (I use the gel caps as they don't contain any soy oil, which is not good for you.) honey, coconut oil and sweet almond oil. You can save your lip balm containers or eos containers. (EOS container need a bit of prep before using for this) But regular lip balm containers that twist up are easy to clean and you just have to pour it in and wait for it set. I also have used my lotion that I make with the coconut oil in my hair as a leave in conditioner as well! Good luck! I know Sally's will help you with out a doubt!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bad hair color [ 2 Answers ]

My husband had gray hair , we decided to this do the salt and pepper look , and end up with a skunk look . We bleached the dark and now he has gray and blondish red hair color. I feel so bad for him... please help... By the way... this was done at a salon

Hair color gone bad - how to fix [ 1 Answers ]

I went to the salon this past Saturday for my regular coloring. I am a bleached natural looking blonde. My colorist put in some low lights which by Monday turned a horrible ashy green color - these partial low lights in the front looked almost black. Another colorist (mine was not there today)...

Hair color gone bad [ 2 Answers ]

I clored my hair at home it turned it black went to the salon to have it fixed she put bleach on it then color it is two read what can I do cathy

Bad hair color [ 3 Answers ]

My hair color turned out to be brassy orange. How can I fix it:(

Hair Color Gone Bad [ 7 Answers ]

I've recently dyed my hair darker, like WAY too dark. It's black. And my friend did it, and didn't do a very good job. There are blotches ALL OVER. My problem is so simple, I've dyed it 2 times in less then 2 months and I NEED to get this color out. My stepdad put bakingsoda in it to remove some...

View more questions Search