Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2011, 04:30 AM
    Cash or Credit on appliances
    Do you pay cash of use a credit card? I know the consumer credit act of 1974, gives you a lot of protection, by using a credit card. If something you buy is faulty.They have many claim procedures.
    And then again you could pay the credit card amount at the end of the month too.

What is your opinion.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 14, 2011, 04:57 AM
    I use credit cards for everything, and I even time large purchases to be the day after the end of the billing cycle, which then gives me 52 days to pay without interest or fees. I have 3 cards because of the different % back (1% - 3%), groceries, gas, etc. and one has a speed pass. The statements are nice to have all printed out from online, and they provide a year end summary by category too.

On the other hand I don't approve of how the big credit card companies have behaved themselves over the last 30 years, it's shameless. Handing out cards like candy to people who can't afford the usery rates and the debt and so on - they helped bring the economy down. I think they will die a well deserved death in favor of money transfer services like Paypal. So I suppose I'm a hypocrite.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 14, 2011, 06:02 AM
    I use credit cards for most purchases so I can get the frequent flyer miles, but I ALWAYS pay the credit card bill in full each month. You should never use a credit card if you don't have cash in the bank to pay it off in full.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2011, 12:19 PM
    Same as JP and EB. Get the points or dividend but pay it all off every month. If you won't have the money to pay it all, don't buy it. The CC because are more than happy to charge you 25%.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

If a company writes a check is it a debit or credit to the cash account? [ 3 Answers ]

If a company writes a check is it a debit or credit to the cash account?

Debit cash and credit account receivables [ 2 Answers ]

Debit cash and credit account receivables Debit account payable credit cash Q.indicate the effect of cash transection

If I get cash back with a credit/debit card, will my husband know? [ 10 Answers ]

My husband controls the money, bills and everything about finances. The only time he pays for anything is hen I let him go with me and control what we buy. I'm afraid he's planning to leave me and try to take it all. I just want to make sure I have enough money to move myself out and pay a...

Net effect of a depreciation debit and cash credit [ 4 Answers ]

Hi - I'm new here, so I am sorry if I'm going about this in the wrong way. I have a question about recording depreciation. The example I was given shows a debit to depreciation expense and a credit to the cash account. The depreciation is for equipment, so I don't believe the cash account...

How can I cash out excess money I paid on my credit card [ 2 Answers ]

I like to keep a zero balance on my credit cards thus pay off the amount in full. I recently had some refunds on items purchased so my credit balance is negative. If I take a cash withdrawal on the credit card -- will they still charge a fee? I want to cash out the money since I want to close the...

View more questions Search