Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tumbz Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2011, 09:43 PM
    Honda Civic 2004 Auto - Hard shift to reverse?
    Hi, I have a Honda Civic 2004, Automatic Transmission Sedan.

I am having a weird issue.

All the gears works fine and the car drives perfectly.

When I park on a little slant, or hill, and I put the car into reverse to back out, it shift hard into reverse.

This only happens when I am on the slant or hill. On even grounds, everything shifts smoothly.

You guys have any idea as to why shifting into reverse when on a hill, it shifts hard?

THanks in advance
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2011, 03:40 PM
    Hi Tumbz, when you park on a hill the weight of the car is on the tranny, When parking on a hill set your park brake before shifting to park. Let me know how that works. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 Civic Manual Trans Hard Shift and Clicks [ 43 Answers ]

Ok... I had another thread which I started because all of a sudden, when it got cold in NYC, my Stick felt like there was pressure when I try to shift to 2nd, 3rd, 4th gears. I would have to wiggle it in neutral and shift it slowly in order for it to engage into gear. Txgreasemonkey helped me...

Honda civic 2004 auto gear shift stuck [ 1 Answers ]

I can't get the stick button to press to get it out of park, I was just driving, put in park, then it got stuck, how do I get to move into reverse or at all

Honda Civic '95 Automatic gear doesn't shift out of Park [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've a Honda Civic '95 - it doesn't shift out of "Park" unless I use the key to do a "Shift Lock Release". What could be the problem?

2004 Honda Civic [ 1 Answers ]

I just purchased a 2004 Honda Civic. I left the interior lights on over night and in the morning my car would initially not start. After a few tries I got my car to crank but now on the dashboard there is a light on. It's a green key that flashes whenever I'm driving. What is the flashing "key"...

View more questions Search