Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nishantmt Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2007, 07:02 AM
    I have a serious problem in lying
    I want to share my problem as I can't help it. I have a growing business as I'm really enthusiastic about it. But the real problem is that I have to speak lies to make it grow,
    But the real thing is as soon it is done a feeling of guilt appears instantly
    Also in some cases I really don't want to speak lie but I can't help it.
    If you have something to help me out, please make it.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Feb 3, 2007, 07:08 AM
    You have only two choices:

1. Get honest and find constructive means of employment.

2. Lie until your business folds (and it will) sticking you with a huge pile of guilt and now regret too-- causing you to spend all your hard earned cash on distractions like booze and such to avoid looking at what a trainwreck you've created until you are more broke than when you first started. If you don't want to believe me, duck into any open AA meeting to hear your (future) story being told! LOL

You think your problem is you "need" to lie when your real problem is that you lie at all, including to yourself!
    Its called d-e-n-i-a-l... (Don't Even Notice I Am Lying)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 3, 2007, 07:50 AM
    No, you do not ever have to lie to make your business grow, you may not tell someone everything, but you never lie in business to have a successful business.

Con men lie, good businessmen learn not to say things or change the subject

As noted you believe you have to lie, you don't, you need to just learn proper methods in what you are doing.
    CastawayChris Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Feb 15, 2007, 02:48 AM
    Why do you think you lie?
    Teaching Posts: 198, Reputation: 28

Feb 28, 2007, 05:28 PM
    Honesty brings "prosperity" in everything you do.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Feb 28, 2007, 05:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Teaching
    Honesty brings "prosperity" in everything you do.
    I have to spread some reputation around before giving you some again, Teaching but WOW, you could not have said a more important thing here than if you used the loudest possible bull horn from atop the tallest building in the world (Sorry, I've lost track which one is! LOL).
    Teaching Posts: 198, Reputation: 28

Feb 28, 2007, 05:44 PM
    Thank you for the kind words. I have seen it over and over again in my life, it should be our reminder of our actions.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2007, 03:04 AM
    Positive thinking brings positive results.
    Lying is negative thinking and negative thinking brings negative results.

I agree with Fr_Chuck, just don't tell them everything. Polish up the good points and play down the bad points. - And stop beating yourself up.

Big advertising companies can't afford to lie because they are afraid of law suits. But they sure know how to manipulate the market. They also use 'tricks', like using psychologists in order to discover what colour to make a package that will make it appealing to us consumers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Lying Spouse [ 3 Answers ]

I need some help solving these uneasy feelings within me. Last year my husband lied to my face about a young lady. In the same sentence he said I love you appearing to be sincere. I presented email messages to him where they had been in contact with each other. Recently we received a high school...

Lying [ 1 Answers ]

I have a very bad problam with lying to my husband about every thing even the little stuff like what I had to eat for lunch and stuff like that, this problam is leading my marriage into the ground I need help CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE

Husband is lying [ 19 Answers ]

My husband seems to be obssesed with his childhood friend. They have been friends for over 10 years. Before we married he promised me that he wasn't the kind of man that liked to hang out with his friends. He lied. He goes to his buds house about 2-3 times a week and get home at 1 am or sometimes...

I have a problem with lying [ 11 Answers ]

I admit I have a problem with lying. I feel the need to lie my way out of a situation because I can not handle the pressure. My dad says that I am a pathological liar, meaning I lie to make myself feel better about myself. Somewhat of this is true, I lie to make myself think I have done something...

Lying husband? [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone please tell me if my husband has been lying to me. There was recently a situation that came up for us, and we agreed on the way it should be handled. But after agreeing on everything, nothing seemed to be as we discussed. I accused him of lyiing to me. He swears he didn't. I don't...

View more questions Search