Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaedollar Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2011, 01:40 PM
    Veterinary Corps in the Army?
    Hello, my name is alannah I'm 17 and I'm interested in joining the Army for the Veterinary Corps.
    I'm currently in high school as a senior but I also take a vet tech science class at a tech program which I have been in for two years now.
    I was wondering if there was anyone out there who is enlisted in it or knows anything about it?

I was wondering about the amount of school needed to get into it, the type of schooling, and the requirements. I was also wondering (because I am female) if I would get deployed anywhere or if I would stay in the states on a military base or something. Ive heard a bunch of different things from they don't select women for that -to- they allow it but not in the combat part. I'm not sure if there are different careers with in the Veterinary Corps, but if there are can you list them please?
    Even a little information on it would be appreciated. Thank you!

You can answer on here, or email me at >Removed<
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 12, 2011, 02:48 PM
    Yes, I hear you kaedollar and what a wonderful choice you have made, you obvously love animals and especially dogs.

One of the best recognized veterinaryunivesities is in Ontario Canada (which you could attend) and I am including the website for them. Any questions regarding what you want to do I am sure will be responsibly answered. You will probably have to search through their website but I hope you can find what you want. I may suggest, the police corps in any city in the US and Canada have a canine unit that you may be interested in.
    Ontario Veterinary College | University of Guelph
    kaedollar Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2011, 05:21 PM
    Thank you very much!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

It's the army movie, I don't know the title. In the movie 6 guys met in the army and [ 1 Answers ]

It's the army movie, I don't know the title. In the movie 6 guys met in the army and their officer name was Sergeant? And one name was Jerome and another name was Epstein or something.. I just remember the movie name has two words. The first one starts with a B and the second also starts with a B....

Peace Corps [ 3 Answers ]

I've thought a lot about the Peace Corps as my "after high school plan" instead of going to college (well not completely I want to go after I come back) but it seems like everyone in my area is shoving the idea down all my peers' throats that they have to go to college after high school. I've...

Veterinary school [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: Im going into high school next year, and this may be a little early for me to start thinking about colleges, but I would like to become a vet when I'm older. No not a vet tech, just a regular vet that does surgerys, check ups etc. I want to go to a good school, and I'm confused about the...

Veterinary Schools [ 1 Answers ]

Can I get a list from best to worst colleges and Universities to attend for Veterinary Degrees. Maybe, some extra info as well on a broad term as to what is available in the United States for schools that I can obtain a degree as a veterinarian. Preferably what is available in Texas to start with....

View more questions Search