Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hsanthaliya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2011, 09:54 AM
    How can I convince our family for intercast marriage?
    Hello ! I'm from a lover cast family. And my girl friend is a brahmin. So, her and mine parents are against us. But we love each other deeply. We doesn't believe in marriage against parent's permition. What can we do ?
    udaysz Posts: 13, Reputation: 5

Sep 23, 2011, 04:37 AM
    When coming to marriage it is all your life but respecting the parents decision also necessary. In this problem I can't give a perfect answer but I can say something you should really think of it..
    Marriage is the relation which you should carry throughout your life. If you are well settled and you are in a position to make the girl happy who believes in you , you can talk to both side of your elders and talk to them how strong and determined you are.
    There are something's you have to think about the relationship you are going to have is in between you and your love its not about the parents if you are really passionate then you can get married because your parents had their life and had their destination now its your time to choose your destination in life there is chance for every thing it just depends on your choice and one more thing even though you got married despite of their decision everything will be good after a while because the love you have between you is the same love your parents had towards you..
    Good luck...

Kahani Punjab Posts: 510, Reputation: 203

Sep 23, 2011, 04:55 AM
    Hsanthalyia,

There is no doubt that the parents' approval will go a long way in ensuring your well-being, for which you need to convince them, but I -being an Indian- know it too well, that the caste factor is deep-knit in our social relations, and the lower-upper caste divide, especially, when the boy, as in your case, belongs to so-called low caste, and girl, as you are in this case, belongs to so-called high-caste, the objection from the higher-caste family will surely matter much, as even if they want, the social pressure, and the thrust from their relations, and all such matters, usually force the parents/people not even to give a second thought to such love affairs. Love is such a sacred and beautiful thing, in this world, which is often ended in hate, and moreover, it is the thing, the value of which is known to the lovers alone, due to which the parents, society and the others can't assess its value, and often go against it. So, so... I would say, it is (as UDAYSZ suggests), you should try (your best) to convince your (and his) parents, but if still it does not happen positively, YOU should not call it QUITS, no... MARRY HIM, take the help of LAW. Today, in India, if you belong to India, as I presume from your name and caste, there are plenty of laws to protect the love-birds (newly married couples) and even police protection, and monetry help will be provided to you. Still, if it does not help, write your misgiving further... I will try to follow your case... and will for sure help you... as I LOVE the Lovers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to convince parents for intercast marriage? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, This is very first posting on any social networking site on my personal issue, but I have decided to go for this as I was very much upset with the kind of situation which is building around me. I am in a serious relationship with a girl for last 5years and she is not from my cast (she is...

How to convince parents for intercast marriage [ 1 Answers ]

I am hindu and he is muslim now how do I convince my parents

Trying to convince my parents for intercast marrige [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm in love with a guy from intercast badly but I don't understand how to tell my parents that I'm in love with someone & wants to marry him but with their permission.. plzzzz help me, suggest me something??

Intercast Marriage [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am a Hindu and my girl friend is a Roman Catholic.. we are planning to get married and we would like to remain as hindu and a Christian. Either of us don't want to change our religion and we both are OK with it. Now my question is how can we get married both in a Church and a Temple, and...

View more questions Search