Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    corriehac Posts: 87, Reputation: -1

Feb 2, 2007, 11:04 PM
    Publishing
    I have a daughter that is a great writer. Were can she send her novels for reviews, and possible publication.
    wynelle Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

May 10, 2007, 08:16 PM
    First thing to do is to join a writer's critique group, if for no other reason than to get a non-family member to read and critique strong points, weak points, etc.

Go to the library, and in the magazine section, look at Writer's Digest, The Writer, any of those and see what agents are mentioned. There is also an entire book issued each year--The Writer's Guide to Literary Agents. On the computer Google "Editors and Preditors" and it will bring up thousands of agents and publishing houses. Find an agent who specializes in the genre your daughter writes.

Next option, Google "writer's conferences" and see what will be anywhere near you. Each specialty genre (mystery, sci/fi, romance, etc) have conferences in almost every state. They have sessions on how to submit, what agents want to see, etc. Also, they have agents and editors who will read the manuscript and give advice.

What state does your daughter live in and what genre does she write?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Publishing a book [ 4 Answers ]

I'm about 95% complete with my book. I have written it to sell. It's over 72,000 words. What is the best format (Font, size, spacing) to convert my Word document for sending to publishers and book agents. Anybody know a good agent?

Publishing [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to get books published and how much it costs?

Publishing a coloring book [ 3 Answers ]

I am interested in self publishing a coloring book. I am not an artist though. I have many ideas and will have to hire someone to do the graphics. Any suggestions on how to get started. I have searched for info on the web and cannot find anything on how to publish a coloring book. The only...

Publishing [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to get books published and how much it costs? My wife is writing children's books.

Publishing a book [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get published inexpensively? What are the best publishing companies?

View more questions Search