Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Needhelper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2011, 06:48 AM
    Cant see them bugs
    I can't figure it out. My room is the only room that seems to have these. I just bought this house in Feb. Its an old house built in the 50's, all hard wood floors. I get bit at
    Night, almost like welps, they don't hurt, but they itch. Its really irritating. There are
    No bugs to be seen at all. As I feel the bite, I immediately look at the area, no bug?
    I can't figure it out, can any one help me?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 11, 2011, 07:09 AM
    The usual are fleas and bedbugs. Fleas would probably be all the house by now; bedbugs maybe. Both are visible but move quickly so maybe that is why you can't see them. You say they are just in the bedroom but maybe that's just because you tend to get bit when a) being in furniture with padding and b) being way 'in' it for several hours, unlike say a dining or office chair.
    I'd buy bombs at any hardware or big box store. They are spray cans that have a hold down so that you set it and run out and it sprays the entire can. When you get back, take your mattress off and you should see dead bugs on top of the box spring. You may need to bomb the whole house. That is the easy part; then you have to wash every sheet, blanket, clothing, and kitchen item used for eating or cooking.

Another possibility is scabies which you can't see, but they stay in your skin all day long once you get them, and wouldn't bite you night after night. They leave tiny very itchy bites from neck to ankle, nothing on the head or feet.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 11, 2011, 07:17 AM
    I looked up scabies (a kind of mite) and they can be on the entire body, but are transmitted by human to human contact. They may or may not show burrow lines, lines in rows, on the skin. So you could have been given scabies in a way unrelated to the house. It's just that they usually are transmitted in places where everyone gets them, like nursing homes or houses where other people itch too. I think your house came with fleas, personally.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2011, 08:13 PM
    If you have bedbugs (which is what it sounds like here) you have to use a professional exterminator to properly get them all. If you just use a bug bomb, the bedbugs will just hide from the spray and not die. They hide in the cracks of wooden floors near the baseboards near the head of your bed or they can be in the mattress as well. Almost impossible for the lay person to get rid of. You must treat everything in the room and the home to effectively get rid of them. They may be a leftover from the prior owner or you could have brought the hitchhikers home in your suit case from a hotel you visited recently. They are very tenacious teeny tiny bugs. The giveaway was your word whelps. They just plain itch and swell up. Whereas fleas bite and don't hop away so you CAN see them at work biting you.

And since it's been months since you have been in the house if it was say leftover fleas from other owner you would be worse than infested in your entire house by now as they CAN multiply very quickly. I had a tenant who had a dog who had fleas. When they moved out I went into the apartment and I was literally covered with fleas all over my clothing and they had been gone only TWO WEEKS!! As they were a very hungry mob of fleas. What you have is bedbugs.
    maxine789 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2012, 11:12 AM
    In Alaska they call them " Can't see bug" . Our exterminator was here 2 weeks ago and sprayed for fleas and other varmits, but I still was getting bit at night. Small welts red and a day later a yellow center and itched like crazy. So I called Dave our pest guy again, he came and sprayed and said he had not even seen a flea or anything else. He said a couple years ago they had " Can't see bug" during summer. Bug comes through screens and cannot be seen. Ironically I was the only one who was bitten.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bugs. Please help me! [ 1 Answers ]

I live in the basement of my house, and there's bugs... they are black or brown, depending, and they have like these little horns. BUT the horns are at there end. I'm scared because I haven't cleaned under my bed in quite a bit, and I'm a teenager, so if you know one, this means the under of my bed...

Little Bugs [ 6 Answers ]

The last couple of weeks, I've noticed thes tiny bugs at all of my windows in my house. They were at every window even the ones upstairs. The bugs were also in my bathroom/bathtub. They are so tiny that it looks like a dot just crawling around. I've sprayed and sprayed and I can't get rid of...

Human bugs [ 1 Answers ]

The movie am trying to remember was played a lot in the 90s its about these people that look like humans but are actually insects it's a comedy film and it even has a dog that's an insect, with in the movie there's a girl that's a insect that gives birth to a green jelly like egg but it gets...

Bugs in bathtub [ 2 Answers ]

Just moved in to an apartment and there are little black bugs in my bath tub. I think they come through the drain because I often find them in the sinks as well. Sometimes, there are some with tiny legs and pinchers (ugh.)... they don't fly and are about the size of a tick.

View more questions Search