Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wenz2712 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2011, 03:46 AM
    18 month old lutino ringneck?
    Hi
    I am thinking of buying an 18 month old Lutino male ringneck. He is quite tame. He will step on both myself and partner without biting. He hasn't been taught to talk, just whistle. Is he too old to teach to talk?
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Sep 11, 2011, 04:39 AM
    Absolutely not, They continue to learn, My 8 year old Quaker still learns and repeats words and noises.
    She sursprised me recently by imitating my laugh almost to perfection.
    wenz2712 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2011, 02:18 PM
    Thanks for that. I have heard that IRN are very good talkers. The one I am thinking of getting is semi Tame and I am hoping its not too late to tame him fully and to get him talking.
    Cats Expert

Sep 11, 2011, 04:33 PM
    No problem, birds are very enjoyable, but remember that they are social creatures and enjoy spending lots of time with their "flock".
    Here is a site that I use when I just want to browse birds, it is full of useful information and links. And because "quirks" tend to vary between different breeds I would also suggest going to your local pet product supplier and see if they have a book geared specifically for your breed. They are handy to have around for reference, special diet requirements, etc.
    If you decide to get him, enjoy! They are awsome family members.
    Cats Expert

Sep 11, 2011, 05:45 PM
    Oops, forgot to post the link.:o
    AvianWeb Resource about Bird Species with Photos, Breeding, Health and Bird Care

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you breed your indian ringneck parrot? [ 4 Answers ]

How do you breed an indian ring neck parrot

Breeding ringneck parrots? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a breeding pair of ringneck parrots and the female has laid eggs and been sitting on them about 20 days but has resently kicked the male out of the cage I have put him in a different cage at night will this change

Landlord Requiring 2 month Vacating Notice on 3 month (month to month) lease [ 21 Answers ]

I am in a situation and am in need of some advice. I am currently renting an apartment in Minneapolis. I am doing an internship which only requires me to live here for 3 Months. I signed a lease with a complex on a month to month basis. I planned to Move out at the end of April, so on march 1 I...

Breeding indian ringneck [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a proven pair lutino ringneck, my male always makes a mating calls, the female always inside the nestbox, I don't know what she is doing in there, haven't seen them mate yet, but one day I saw the female droppings as liquified and more but normal colors, it maybe a sign that she is...

BUDGIES... Albino or Lutino... [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hello I breed budgies. And last year my budgies had an albino chick. But then I was doing some research because even though the baby was albino with RED EYES. It has yellow feathers... So then I was told that this was a lutino budgies. So my question is is my budgie an albino or lutino.....

View more questions Search