Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whit17 Posts: 40, Reputation: 7

Sep 10, 2011, 09:51 AM
    Off to college in Aug. 2012, but I don't want to leave him.
    So I am graduating in May of 2012, and my boyfriend will not be. I really don't want to leave him, and he says it slays him that I am going to leave. I said he could come with me and we could live in that couples housing on campus and he said he might. What happens if he can't? I will be 8 hours away from him and god knows how often I will see him. I don't want to leave! What do I do?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 10, 2011, 09:53 AM
    Go instead to a local community college for your first two years of college.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 10, 2011, 11:43 AM
    Agreed, why don't you to to a local college. I know "couples" housing on campus is married couples not living together couples.

You said he is not graduating or he is not going to college ?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 10, 2011, 03:58 PM
    I think you talk and make arrangements to stay in touch so you can secure a future in case you do stay together. That's what mature couples do, they forge ahead with what is necessary, and deal with whatever they have to, and stay together no matter what life throws at them.

Neither of you should want you to miss a chance to better yourselves because you can't do the adult thing of dealing with your situation.

Go to school, and let him follow when he can. Encourage him to get his, like you need to get yours. A relationship if its strong enough, can endure obstacles and challenges, but should stop anyone from moving forward, it should enhance it.

This is but a challenge, a test, don't panic, and blow your opportunities, for the future. Love don't pay the rent, an education can. Chose your actions wisely.

Ask yourself, why isn't he graduating with you? I would love to know that myself.
    whit17 Posts: 40, Reputation: 7

Sep 12, 2011, 07:23 AM
    He isn't graduating on time because he transferred from another school and his credits didn't match up with our credits. We have block scheduling.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 12, 2011, 10:00 AM
    Then he will graduate soon, and can then catch up. Handle the important business of your educations, and the relationship will be fine. Sure you may miss each other. That's not a bad thing. It just adds flavor to the recipe. Distance is but an obstacle to overcome, and that's what a relationship is all about. Overcoming whatever life throws at you together. Sometimes the bodies can be separated, but as long as the minds are together, anything can be handled.

Just don't panic, prepare, through planning, for a temporary separation, by getting the lines of communications in place, that works for you both. Conflicting schedules, and obligations don't have to mean conflicting goals.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On probation as of feb 1st I have question,can I leave state for a college visit ? [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: HELP!! OK I've been placed on probation for the next 3 yrs of my life.this is my first offense.I'm 21.I am scheduled to go to Arizona in march for 3 days for college campus visits.I live in ny.What are my chances of getting to leave state?My probation officer said "it's going to be...

What do you think of 2012? [ 4 Answers ]

There are no bad answers. There are no asnwers. Only opinions. What are yours?

If my period ended on aug 3rd and I had sex on the 1st of aug can I be pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

If my period ended on the 3rd of August andi had sex on the 1st of August with out a condom can I be pregnant

Leave early, go to college? [ 3 Answers ]

The past few years I've had emotional strains as well as many other various issues and reasons, so I was wondering if it would be possible to drop out of high school and audition for a performing arts college or conservatorium ( e.g.. Drama or music,dance). If they believed I was good enough could...

Journal and ledger 26 Aug 07 [ 1 Answers ]

Why use a journal? Why not streamline the process by avoiding the journal and adding transactions right into the general ledger? Why do you have enter every number twice, once as a debit and once as a credit, seems like more work? :confused:

View more questions Search