Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jspowell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2011, 10:20 PM
    Weak water pressure 2nd shower
    The water pressure drops significantly when I try to adjust the temp. When I turn on the water dial the pressure is great throughout the cold/ blue, but once I turn it to HOT there's almost water pressure. This is the only discharge ion the house that has this problem. All of the sinks and the shower in the master bedroom maintain the water pressure regardless of temperature setting
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 9, 2011, 10:50 PM
    What kind / type / brand of shower faucet do you have ? Single handle ? Back to you . Milo
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 10, 2011, 09:44 AM
    Sounds like you've picked up some trash in your hot water system that's now clogging the inlet ports of your cartridge. Answer Milos questions and be prepared to shut the water off, open up the valve, pull the cartridge and clean the ports and then turn the water back on for a minute to flush out the supplies and open valve body. Reassemble and test. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weak Hot Water Pressure with Kohler Single Handle Shower Valve [ 3 Answers ]

So I have a single handle shower made by Kohler that is only 2 years old. I have regular water pressure from the tub faucet but the shower when turned up hot has a diminished flow. When you turn the sink or flush the toilet in the same bathroom the pressure is actually much better. I adjusted the...

Weak bathtub water pressure [ 2 Answers ]

First time poster! I have a Moen single handle tub/shower similar to this model: http://www.moen.com/shared/pdf/t2393pt.pdf I don't have an exact model # (I can take pictures if needed). Single story house and all other hot water output is acceptable. This tub takes about 10 minutes to fill...

Weak water pressure [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I just moved into our new home and the shower has very weak water pressure. What could be the problem?

Tub Pressure fine - Shower very weak [ 3 Answers ]

I've been searching this helpful site and think I have a vague answer, but as it is plumbing, and I am NOT a plumber, I will try to get more specifics. I'll be as brief as possible. Slow but sure, shower has become a trickle. Removed shower head and ran water, still a trickle. From what I...

Low water pressure in 2nd Bathroom Shower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a modular home with 2 Bathrooms. The Tub and Shower in the Bath farthest from the Water heater has low water pressure. The pressure at the sink in the same room seems to have higher pressure. I have checked the fixture and it appears to be okay. Any other suggestions?

View more questions Search