Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    striferx1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2011, 06:42 PM
    If ex wife moves back in does it undo divorce agreement?
    I am currently in a middle of a divorce, it was ordered I get the house, which I currently reside. The soon to be ex-wife had to move back in due to no job, getting kicked out of her apartment, and had also just recently been kicked out of her friends place. Seeing as we have a child together and she has no place to go unless it was her parents whom live 5 hours away (which means very limited time with my son), I agreed to let her move in until she finds a job. Does this adversely effect my divorce agreement as we are not officially divorced yet? Also since she has nowhere to live, but has primary custody (joint)of my son how can I get sole custody of him to ensure his safety, and needs are met as she obviously can not provide for him? Please note this is in Arizona which is a mother sided state. She has also tried to get me to go out with her and her mom to talk about things, but refuses to do it when it is just the two of us, last time that happened all they did was try to threaten me and claim they will take it all from me. She also uses the excuse she has no money, and feels awkward living in my home although we seem to get a long though it's for my son's sake, and she seems to be fine until I try to help her find jobs or suggest ways of getting one.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 9, 2011, 06:55 PM
    There is no divorce police. But exes beware, when one ex flies off the handle and uses whatever they can as ammunition. You just don't know, and you don't know what her lawyer might decide is good fuel for the fire.
    Of course you are being good hearted, she is out of work, and you care about your son. All that is admirable.
    I would talk to your lawyer if you can afford it, or take someone as YOUR sidekick when you have a sit down with her and her mother. Better yet, find a mediator who is cheaper than a lawyer, and insist on going alone with her. Watch out for recorded conversations too, on cell phones even.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If awarded child support during a divorce and the father moves back do he still pay [ 3 Answers ]

If awarded child support during a divorce and the father moves back into the house where the child resides is he still responsible for paying the court ordered child support? I am asking because my ex-husband moved back into the house and would only write a check for half of the mortgage because in...

Immigrant wife divorces and moves back [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I want to divorce. We have been living in California for 15 years. She wants to move back to Indonesia. We have a kid and he would see her during his summer vacation for a couple months. Questions: How does she pay taxes on spousal support while living in another country? How is...

Wyoming Child Support when parent moves out without divorce [ 3 Answers ]

My friend has moved out of her husbands house leaving her 16 yo boy with him. She's not far away and still shares shuttling responsibilities for sporting events and such. They have not filed for divorce and the husband has verbally agreed to support their son since he makes 60k to her 20k. Can...

My Ex Wants Me to move back in Temporarily until she Moves [ 4 Answers ]

My ex and I have been together for about 8 months. Approximately, by the 2nd month, I started to stay at her place most all the time: just living with her. We have a big age difference: me being 23, and she being 39. The most important thing in mind was what our hearts felt like. We loved each...

X-wife in defalt of divorce agreement and visitation [ 3 Answers ]

my fiance's x-wife has moved back and forth from miami to orlando fl. Several times over the last 2 years with their now 9 year old daughter. My fiancé has not spoken to or seen his daughter know for 3 months. He is supposed to have visitation according to the divorce agreement with his daughter...

View more questions Search