Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MichelleClaus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2011, 04:17 PM
    Determine the mass of oxygen reguired to completley burn 10.0 g of propane, C3H8
    Determine the mass of oxygen reguired to completley burn 10.0 g of propane, C3H8
    DrBob1 Posts: 425, Reputation: 86

Sep 9, 2011, 08:30 PM
    These problems are all done in the same manner.
    Write the balanced equation. How many moles of O2 are needed to burn 1 mole of propane?
    How many moles is 10.0 grams of propane? How many moles of O2 are needed in this case?
    How many grams does that equal? BINGO! You got it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Gas (propane) Fireplace SMELLY & ROBS ROOM OF OXYGEN... Correctable issue? [ 0 Answers ]

Our new home was finished in Sept 2010 & the vented (outside wall) gas (propane) fireplace first used in Oct 2010. We experienced the stinky burn off and a lot of 'haze'... so bad that after 20 hrs. of burning while we were not living there, the entire house had to be aired out, and it still...

Determine the mass of 18 mol N. [ 1 Answers ]

It's a chemistry question.

Will propane and hydrogen burn if mixed together? [ 13 Answers ]

I need for some chemist to answer the above question. I ask because I know from personal experience that a mix of gasoline and propane will not burn (in an ic engine, at least), and I am thinking about running a genset on a mix of propane and hydrogen. I wouldn't want to start the project if...

What do I do to determine the mass of oxygen needed to burn 10 grams of propane? [ 2 Answers ]

What is the mass of oxygen required to completely burn 10 grams o for propane C3H8(g)?

Does propane gas burn cooler than natural gas? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a natural gas dryer that I want to use in a location that only has propane gas. I know it can be converted, but I've been told that propane burns a lot cooler than natural gas and it takes clothes much longer to dry. Is this true?

View more questions Search