Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saranibest5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2011, 09:57 AM
    Why would a corpse have black finger nails after 5 days dead?
    Someone got killed by a bullet in the head. The gunshot entered the right side and came out the left. Five days later, just before getting buried, someone saw the beds of his finger-nails which were totally black!

Was he poisoned as well as shot or is there any other explanation for the black nails?

Thank you very much in advance.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 9, 2011, 10:11 AM
    Blood under the skin turns darker and darker with time, and skin and underlying tissue turn brown to black as they necrotise (die), past the moment of death. Was this when he was found, or after autopsy? Blood can easily pool in the fingers depending on how he was lying. Lividity is the pooling of blood in the parts of the body that are against something like the ground or floor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old short ghost story about a dead man losing a finger [ 7 Answers ]

When I was in elementary school, during Halloween, my music teacher would put on what I BELIEVE was a record. And it was full of audio stories. One in particular was about a dead man…someone took his finger. I forget why. I don't know if it had a ring on it that was worth money or if it was by...

Psoriasis under finger nails [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bothersome case of psoriasis under my fingernails. Any advice on how to get rid of this or at least control it? Greg

Finger-nails yellow? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, well.. my finger-nails are a kind of yellow-ish color, just at the tips where you would cut them,if you know where I am lol... if not, the non-pink bit lmao. I do wear nail polish/varnish/paint ( whatever you call it) a lot, I've asked my mum about it and she said that I should keep it...

My finger nails [ 3 Answers ]

I have been chewing my nails all my life and now I want to grow them long, but they don't seem to grow one bit! CAN YOU HELP ME??

Weak finger nails [ 3 Answers ]

I have very weak thin nails that peel and split. Is there anything that works to strengthen them - are the nutrients that help?

View more questions Search