Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    april1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2011, 05:38 AM
    New Employment
    I had right thumb joint replacement surgery on July 13,2011. I began disability shortly after that from my place of employment. Just recently I have received a job offer from a company that I have been waiting for for sometime. They are willing to wait until I am completely released by my physician to go back to work before I start for them.
    My question is, do I have to go back to my current job for a short time or can I just resign and go to my new position when I am released by my physician?
    My husband says if I do that my current place of employment can demand that I pay them back all of the disability payments that they have paid me. Can you help me?
    My email address is {removed}
    I will look forward to hearing from you soon.
    Sincerely,

April VanDusen

Check out some similar questions!

Why would I need to pay self employment tax on employment settlement [ 1 Answers ]

My original question was regarding 1099 misc I can't find any informaiton regarding the rational of paying self employment tax on settlement when I was an employee of this company I found this documentation on a site regarding self employment. Also how can I determine what the award is replacing. ...

Employment Law regarding employment applications [ 2 Answers ]

I know that employers can ask on their applications if you have ever been convicted of a felony, but I ran into one the other day that asked "Have you ever been convicted of a felony in the last 7 years?" Just wondering why the 7 years.

Regarding employment [ 1 Answers ]

HI , My name is padma. I have worked previously for a pharmacy in U.S.A as an intern . I am yet to atke exams to be a registered pharmacist. I had come back to INDIA due to health problems. My H-1 was valid only till sep. of last year. The particular pharmacy was overtaken by other...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.