Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    studentmce Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2011, 03:41 AM
    Edta problems in engineering chemistry
    100ml of water sample during titration consumes 8ml of 0.02 M EDTA.calculate hardness of water
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2011, 09:03 AM
    Do you know what makes water hard?

What substance in the water will react with EDTA. Do you know the equation for the reaction taking place?

That's basically what you need to know. All the other things are only calculations and proportions mainly.

Find the number of moles of EDTA, then the corresponding number of moles of the substance in water, then work out its concentration in water to finally work out get the hardness of the water sample.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Structure of cr-edta complex [ 1 Answers ]

What is the purple complex that is produced from a slow reaction break down of the cr3- edta complex?

Can I land an entry level chemical engineering position with a B.Sc. Chemistry? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have my Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (not B.Eng. Chemical Engineer), but would like to work as a chemical engineer. I know there are tests in which I can take to earn my E.I.T. (engineer in training) at which point the accreditation body will say I am Equivalent to a B.Eng. Chem. Eng. but...

Chemistry problems [ 4 Answers ]

1) When ammonia gas, oxygen gas and methane gas (CH4) are combined, the products are hydrogen cyanide gas and water. A) write a balance equation B) calculate the mass of each product produced when 225 g of oxygen gas is reacted with an excess of the other two reactants C) if the actual yield of...

View more questions Search