Ask
    orsonsp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2011, 02:26 PM
    Corllins university
    About corlins university
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2011, 02:41 PM
    Doing a cursory check on Google returns lots of complaints about this company.

Rather than debate the validity of those complaints, I suggest you search for recognized accreditation for any U.S. college or university.

I could create a company called "The AMHD Accreditation Bureau" and then create a company called "The AskMeHelpDesk Online University" and say I am accredited by the AMHD Accreditation Bureau, I'm not suggesting this particular University is doing that, but there are lots of strange things going on in for-profit secondary education.

The question you have to ask yourself is will the degree mean anything coming from the college or university you end up choosing, or will it be worth less than the paper the diploma was typed up on? Be careful with your selection.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 8, 2011, 07:15 PM
    Also any college that will give degrees for "life experience" is seldom if ever accredited by any agency that counts.
    waynebradson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2011, 02:13 AM
    As someone mentioned in the earlier response, you need to check for the accreditation. Generally, accredited universities are recognized and accepted. Corllins looks like an accredited online university, with a noticeable alumni and an active student body. Looks OK to me.
    Icelander Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2012, 11:12 AM
    I hear a lot of comments here about Corllins University. I obtained my degree from there and I was asked to provide transcripts and course content from my previous studies. I waited 2 weeks for their assessment to see if I could transfer into a degree. I finally heard back that I could at the Bachelors level, the fees were 549$. They never told me upfront I qualified I had to wait. They are accredited both as global and online as a online education source. Currently they are not doing online courses content simply previous education and training to transfer into a degree if you qualify with their board. Online upgrading towards degrees is slated for January they told me. So what part of this doesn't seem upfront or honest? Other online universities told me their processes and it's almost identical with the difference being you can currently upgrade with them. If Corllins is a mill why to they continue to improve, plan ahead courses, and stay open. They treated me professionally and I feel they are legit.
    EE
    Icelander Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2012, 11:20 AM
    This could be said of any online university or training. The reality is in today's world online schooling will become more prevalent. People would rather train on their schedule for a degree or diploma. Corllins is simply a University where you can pool your education and training into a degree if you qualify. This was no different from other huge universities in the states which offer online degrees and credit transfers into degrees. The difference for me was that Corllins was affordable. U of P, and others cost up to 80,000 usd give me a break. I see no difference here, just some people trying to justify spending $$$ for a degree at a bigger school.
    EE

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Corllins University [ 2 Answers ]

Is this bogus or not? Getting an associates degree as well as a Bachelors

What should I do ? Should I believe or not on Corllins University? [ 4 Answers ]

My proposal has been approved for Master's Degree form Corllins University & asking around US $ 1000 for certificates and Embassy legalization. I'm ready to send the money. But bank is not sure about the address of the corllins university, where as I have been instructed to send the money in...

What do you know about Corllins university [ 7 Answers ]

I was approved for master degree in Computer information Tecknology fom Corllins university. And all what I have to do is paying 524 $ and waite less that 10 days and I will get the certicate Is this true or a big scam??

View more questions Search