Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KenL2011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2011, 02:40 PM
    98 Honda Accord will not start
    I have a 1998 Honda Accord that has issues starting. The problem only exist during and after a heavy rain. I have checked all connections under the hood and all looks OK. Once car seems to dry off I again try to crank it over - it has trouble but if I keep the key/ignition turned on it eventually starts/turns over. If I try to start and it doesn't turn over, it begins to smell like gas, so I don't think it's a fuel pump issue. Any ideas or suggestions that might help correct this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Check out some similar questions!

96 Honda Accord ***won't Start**** [ 4 Answers ]

A week ago my car started to act up and not start on the first attempt, I had the starter changed and did a regular oil change on the car since it was due anyway. I continued to have the problem I then had the spark plugs changed and timing/idle adjusted, checked all the fuses still the same...

92 Honda Accord won't start [ 8 Answers ]

I recently bought a 92 honda accord ex and it has been giving me starting troubles. In Dec, the mechanic figured it out a the distributor problem and I got a new one put in. But a month and a half later.. again it won't start. The mechanic again thinks it is the distributor or the computer (after...

96 honda accord won't start. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 96 honda accord ex which had a blown engine. I swapped over another engine and was able to get it to run twice, but since then, it just cranks over and feels like it wants to start up but then dies again. I'm getting spark, timing isn't an issue. I'm getting fuel to the fuel rail but it...

Honda Accord Will Not Start [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1992 Honda Accord and I recently went to start it the other day & it would not start. I am almost positive I didn't leave anything on to cause a dead battery. However the car is old with a lot of miles and I recently bought it; not knowing how long it has been since the battery has been...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.