Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cozzmokramer Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2011, 12:38 PM
    Truck window broken by lawn company while at work.
    I parked my truck at work last week and when I got off at the end of the day, I found the back window of my truck had been shattered from a rock from the lawn mowing company. When I contacted the owner he informed me that he would pay for at least half. Obviously, I don't feel that by parking my car I was negligent in any way, so I think that they should pay for the entire balance. How would you proceed?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 7, 2011, 02:29 PM
    Is this someone you work for ? You don't say. You parked in the lot where you work and your back window got shattered. I would think the owner would have insurance to cover this type of accident. I would ask him if his insurance covers this kind of damage. If not, well, if I were you I would pay half, but do you have comprehensive damage on your insurance policy?

Tick
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 7, 2011, 02:37 PM
    Actually sounds fair, since it may be hard to prove the lawn company actually did it ( any witnesses) Same issue trying to get a semi to pay for a broken windshield from a rock thrown up from the road ( does not happen)
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2011, 05:27 PM
    If you have comprehensive on your auto, you turn it into your insurance company and they will fix it and go after the lawn company for the reimbursement. Hopefully you DO have comp on your car insurance or full coverage which already has comp incorporated into it. Most insurance companies have zero deductible on glass claims.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broken Pella window [ 5 Answers ]

My church has a couple broken Pella windows. They are the casement type, aluminum clad, a single pane of glass plus a storm window with a wood grid between. Is there any taking them apart and replacing the glass, or do I pay a Pella authorized technician to replace the whole sash? Remember, I am...

Why would you want to work ina module window instead of the classic view window to en [ 1 Answers ]

Why would you want to work in a module window instead of the classic view window to enter transactions? In simply accounting

Repairing broken glass block window [ 1 Answers ]

How do I repair / replace a broken glass block in a glass block window? It is right in the middle of the window. The window appears to have a rubber gasket between each block. Thanks.

View more questions Search