Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jasonseale Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2011, 12:07 PM
    Way Bigger Than A Crane Fly
    The other day, a HUGE bug hit our sliding door; it was so big that the shadow of its approach seemed to me to be a large bee or wasp moving across the floor. This was on Vancouver Island in British Columbia; I have never seen anything remotely like this in Canada (I am over 40 years old, and pay attention to bugs... I love them). Ok, here is the description if you can help me identify it:

It was so big that if I spread out my whole hand, and it sat on my hand, parts of it would likely extend beyond the area of my hand... I am 6ft tall and wear XLarge gloves. It was mostly black or very dark brown, and gangly like a crane fly... Very long legs relative to its body, and two very long antenae; its body was as big or bigger round than a bumble bee, but longer; it seemed awkward, like it had blown against the glass, and as I got my best look at it, it spread wings like a beetle would... The wings were like a lady-bugs, seemed part of the body until they were spread. Again, an awkward but certainly effective take-off and it was gone!

My first impression size-wise was that it was bigger from foot tip to foot tip (side to side or front to back) than the biggest dock/wolf spiders that I have ever seen, but was no way near as stocky or solid looking as a dock spider. This was like some kind of crane-fly beetle, impossibly huge relative to the size of bugs I typically see in this part of the world.

Do you have ANY IDEA what this amazing but might have been?

Check out some similar questions!

How to calculate crane capacity [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I would to know about : - calculate crane capacity in 20, 45 degree - calculate crane boom lifting capacity

If my wife's vagina feels a lot bigger than usual, is she cheating? It's a lot bigger [ 12 Answers ]

My wife and I have been together for 2+ years. We have had a lot of sex and her vagina always feels pretty much the same in terms of size. Lately we have been kind of distant and have not had much sex at all. I have been suspicious of her cheating recently. We have spent a couple of days apart. She...

Crane Toilet Tank [ 1 Answers ]

Was there not a class action lawsuit because of faulty Crane toilet tanks. I believe that they were giving people back a nominal amount of $ to satisfy the class action. Something like $50 per toilet? Does anyone know where this information can be found?

Overhead crane [ 6 Answers ]

HI. And thanks for looking at my question... I want to build an over head crane in my shop the H beams are 6.5 x 4 x 1/4 the span will be 40' with 16' upright h beams of the same size on each end... The question is how much weight will this hold?? I'm looking for around 1 ton...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search