Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ahgodsend Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2011, 11:21 AM
    How to submit documents for sole custody without going to court?
    I receive child support for my three year old child. Her father resides in Trumbull County , Warren, Ohio. He pays child support. He does not want to be involved in her life AT ALL and will only pay the child support. I need sole custody because I reside 10 hours away and will be applying for a passport for her and other things which the other parent is required to sign for. How do I retrieve the legal court forms for him to sign and we can submit to the court? What is the process? He is not willing to attend a court hearing but will sign for me to have sole custody.

Sincerely,
    Getting on with my life
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 7, 2011, 01:07 PM
    Why won't he sign the documents needed so his child can get a passport? If your custody situation is court ordered then you will have to file with the courts to change it. Court can not be avoided for a custody change.
    Also you state you are 10 hours away. Did you move or did he? If it was you and he still lives in the area of the original court custody order then you will have to file in that court.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 7, 2011, 02:49 PM
    First sole custody does not mean that the father does not have any rights, and he can not just sign his rights away.

And there is no way at all to get custody changed without going to court, there is no papers just to fill out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does having Temporary Custody improve chances of getting Sole Custody? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was just curious about this question. I live in Canada. My ex-boyfriend and I are going to court over custody of our baby. I am going for Sole Custody, while he wants joint custody. At our first appearance he agreed to give me (temporary) sole custody. A few people have said that it does...

Moving out of state with sole legal and sole physical custody (California) [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently residing in California and currently have sole legal and physical custody of my ex's and I's 2 children. He, unfortunately, and not to bash, is a very bad alcoholic and even going to court this month for drunk in public and disorderly conduct (again). My current husband and I are...

Can I get sole custody by just filing something with the court. [ 0 Answers ]

My son is 8 years old and we live in Missouri. I was never married to his dad and originally he was not on the birth certificate. When my son was 3 I files for child support and he signed that he was the father and was ordered to pay support. He has recently been in and out of prison. He is...

Pre-trial, Joint Custody Vs Sole custody fight, witness [ 14 Answers ]

My two sons are currently staying with my ex-wife and I have 2 days a week interim access order in British Columbia, Canada, I stay with my parents. I have pre-trial coming up in about two months. I requested to have joint custody, but she only wants sole. There isn't any danger to my kids from me...

Sole custody without court involvement with a notarized letter [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I am a single mother of an 8 year old child who's father IS listed on her birth certificate. However, he has never paid child support or been involved in her life. There has never been a need for us to go to court for me to get sole custody and I never wished to pursue it for child...

View more questions Search