Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jto62t Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2011, 11:18 AM
    Chiropractic charges extra fees for procedures not performed
    What to do when chiropractic charges for extra fees for procedures not performed, I receive a bill from my Insurance company saying the chiropractor did two procedures each time I saw him for a 5 minute realignment and it was $110 for every visit. Do I confront them directly or have my Insurance company do it?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 7, 2011, 02:00 PM
    What are the 2 procedures listed on the bill?

Sep 7, 2011, 02:09 PM
    Basic spinal adjustment $45.00
    C2 and C3 aligenment 65.00
    On every visit for 2 months but every visit but one was no more then 5 to ten minutes and all he did was the regular adjustment I've ever had.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 7, 2011, 02:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jto62t View Post
    basic spinal adjustment $45.00
    C2 and C3 aligenment 65.00
    on every visit for 2 months but every visit but one was no more then 5 to ten minutes and all he did was the regular adjustment I've ever had.
    Did he roll you on your side and adjust your back?

Did he stand behind your supine/face-up (or prone/face-down) body, hold your head in his hands and suddenly turn your head to one side making your neck crack?

Did he pull your head toward him (while you were lying on your back) to stretch your neck?

Sep 7, 2011, 02:38 PM
    Yes, yes,yes... wondergirl!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 7, 2011, 02:43 PM
    Many times it is billing codes for specific adjustments allowed, For example, some specific adjustment has its own codes, And this may be the way this doctor bills.

And I guess you did not discuss cost and billing at or before you were treated.

You can discuss this with them, but this sounds like a basic adjustment with specific work on two areas of the back.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 7, 2011, 02:44 PM
    If he did all that (and more adjusting while you lay on your stomach?), it sounds like he does what he bills for.

C = cervical = neck

My chiro takes about ten minutes to give me a complete adjustment. He will add more time/adjustments to work on my knees or hips or anything else I'm complaining about.

A chiro is well-trained to be quick and smooth and to do it right.

Is he a grad of National College of Chiropractic in Lombard, IL or of the Palmer College in Davenport, IA?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would I get drug tests performed when I'm on probation for non-drug related charges? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm will be on probation for 6 months, I am getting charged with a gross misdemeter for tampering with a vehicle and a gross misdemeter for possession of stolen property. How often would I get tested? How soon after I get put on probation will I get tested? Will I even get tested for those charges?

Incoming international wire transfers, which bank charges the lowest fees? [ 2 Answers ]

I recently stated a new job and I am being paid from the companies offshore (UK based) USD account to my USD account here in the states. I am incurring about 0.65% in fees including fee from the originating bank, then two fees from my bank, one is a processing/handling fee, the other a receiving...

Salary of a chiropractic therapy assistant [ 1 Answers ]

I was recently offered a position at a chiropractor's office. They told me I could take a 50 hour course and become a CTA. On average, how much money does a CTA make per hour?

View more questions Search