Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    az1975 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2011, 10:53 AM
    Can I claim my H1B Legal/attorney Fees and Government process fees. If yes, I have to
    Can I claim my H1B Legal/attorney Fees and Government process fees. If yes, I have to travel out side the USA to stamp the visa, Is the travel expenses (Air Ticket, Hotel, application fees0 are deductible as well? Please let me know.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Sep 12, 2011, 07:48 AM
    The answer is NO to all of the deductions.

ALL costs associated with your H-1B visa are considered to be PERSONAL costs by the IRS and therefore are NOT deductible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I deduct H1B legal fees I paid for? [ 8 Answers ]

In 2007 my employer sponsored me for an H1B visa. We made an agreement that I would pay all of the lawyer fees for filing the H1B visa with the immigration office. Am I able to deduct the legal fees I paid? Where do I enter the deduction? On Schedule A Employee Business Expenses Line 7 'Other' or...

USMLE fees, h1b attorney fees [ 4 Answers ]

I am on a H1b visa in the US... my wife is a physician who is writing USMLE exams to get a residency in US... I was wondering if I can deduct all the usmle exam fees + costs of applying to residency programs (close to $5000) as expenses on my taxes? I also paid for the attorney fees to get my...

H1b attorney fees [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Do you guys know attorneys who charge reasonable fees for H1b processing. Please also mention what are the reasonable charges? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am a new member of this forum, can you please reply at [email protected] Thanks a lot Deepankar

Can I claim legal fees/sales tax [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am an engineer on worker visa (h1b) I changed jobs last year And since my previous employer already started my green card process I had to reimburse them (that was on my offer sheet, so no ill will) so I paid them back $4000, can I claim this as a deduction? By the way that employer was...

Legal fees for a quit claim deed [ 1 Answers ]

I understand that I can file a quit claim deed myself and pay the fee that New York City is asking which is a little over $200. However an attorney says he can prepare and file everything for me for me for $650. Does this attorney fee sound reasonable and would it be worth it to have an attorney do...

View more questions Search