Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jasonfo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2011, 04:23 AM
    Is the Rastafarian religion been excepted into our constitution
    I would like to know if the Rastafarian religion has been accepted into our constitution and if it has, what kind of legal implications there are towards there practice and rituals
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2011, 04:48 AM
    The US constitution says: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" so all religions follow that rule.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Sep 7, 2011, 12:40 PM
    Soooo... you're trying to figure out a legal way to smoke weed?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 7, 2011, 02:55 PM
    There is no religion that is listed in the constitution. The only rule for acceptance of religion is if it is accepted by the IRS as tax exempt.

Beyond that even religions that are accepted as tax exempt can not do anything that is against the law.
    IE, no pural marrages for those religions that accept them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Religion or not religion. That is the big Q [ 33 Answers ]

Personally, I think an all seeing , all powerful, all knowing, invisible god of any religion has finnaly been recognised by many people for what it truly is. An invention of man with all his insecurities, the hope that his god will look after him in times of trouble. Well its time to wake up and I...

Gender equality in religion in the islamic religion [ 0 Answers ]

Is there any gender equality in the muslim religion

I was excepted in to high school I can't afford [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is michael garner I am attending a attending school receiving all As and I participate in many different programs and community services I have recently been accepted into one of the best schools in the state of Michigan but my parents can not afford it and I would love more than...

Landlord excepted prorated check cashed it and decided to charge full month rent [ 2 Answers ]

We had let our land lords know that we would be able to afford full month rent and wrote a check for a prorated amount they excepted the check and cashed it the next day. The following day after we were already moved out she called and told us she would still be charging us for the full month. Can...

Payment must be excepted? [ 3 Answers ]

I was told once that a creditor has to accept a payment offered or drop the claim. Is this correct? Not credit cards. But an institution such as a hospital ?

View more questions Search