Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buck_40 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2011, 05:27 PM
    2004 Sunfire speedometer repaired
    What does this usually cost to have 2004 Sunfire speedometer repaired by a shop? I know prices are different everywhere just looking for something in the ballpark
    Rina _4 Posts: 182, Reputation: 19

Sep 6, 2011, 05:51 PM
    I had the same problem on my Mitsubishi truck. The speedometer was not working. You have to take it to an electric repair shop, they have special machine that runs a test to figure out which sensors are not working and that test cost about $80.00 but waived when they do the repairs. My truck had three sensors and the wiring had to be replaced as well. It cost me almost $800.00.

Good Luck
    RickMN Posts: 244, Reputation: 52

Sep 7, 2011, 07:15 AM
    Rather than take this to a traditional repair shop, look up speedometer repair shops in your area. A regular shop will just have to remove the cluster and send it out to one of those shops anyway. Generally speaking a rebuild (with labor to remove) runs about $200
    mileage doctor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2012, 04:10 PM
    Any make or model including mileage reset ane correction
    It is the stepper motors
    We replace all motor at the same time, check entire cluster.
    We are in Ontario Canada. Sameday service.
    [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The speedometer on my 2004 sunfire has stop working what do I do [ 3 Answers ]

It just stop showing the right speed , and when I stop the car it stays at 15km no lower , what should I do Joanne

2005 Pontiac Sunfire Speedometer [ 4 Answers ]

The speedometer on my 2005 sunfire has quit. Today I replaced the output speed sensor and it didn't help. What do you suggest next?

2004 Sunfire speedometer not working [ 13 Answers ]

I have a 2004 Pontiac Sunfire, and this morning the speedometer stopped working properly. When I am completely stopped it now reads 25mph. All other gauges work fine. For the past 2 weeks the needle on the speedometer has been sticking. For example if I was going 60 and accelerated to 70 instead of...

2005 Pontiac Sunfire. Speedometer sticking [ 12 Answers ]

I have a 2005 Sunfire and the speedometer is sticking. However it only happens once it gets hot outside. Usually it stays stuck at 0mph. Although sometimes it will move a little and end up getting stuck in random places. Once the weather cools down the problem goes away. What could be causing the...

View more questions Search